Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbo1
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

The problem I am having affects whatever source I am using, even from the antenna.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Well Im sorry to hear that.

I dont know what makes so many think or know its Roku's software.

Especially given that TCL is the manufacturer.

Chinese goods certainly do a long standing reputation of poor quality.

Mainly because they skimp on quality for cost savings.

Theyve already admitted it was their hardware that was the issue.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Freddy123

I have the same issue but not with internal speakers just HDMI arc. I'm using a Vizio sb3651 soundbar. Have DirecTV and Xbox one x hooked up directly to optical and digital on the soundbar and I just switch the sound bar to those inputs depending on what device in using and that way I have no audio delay at all. I haven't found a solution for HDMI arc delay yet. If it wasn't for this work around I would have returned the tv but the value and picture of this set are unbeatable.
0 Kudos
Threegeese
Binge Watcher

Add TCL 55R625 to list of devices with ARC audio delay issues. What a headache! I’ve tried endless combinations of settings and connection routes to and from my soundbar with no luck getting lip sync to work consistently across different sources.
The compromise for is to use PCM-Stereo for the input type in the TVs audio settings but that means loosing surround sound capability from Roku’s internal apps. Sure, I can switch back and forth from Auto Dectect to PCM-Stereo, but I can’t expect the rest of my family to know how to that...
0 Kudos
Jorb
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with my TCL 65R625 as well. 

I am using an older Bose Cinemate II with optical out from the TV.

0 Kudos
volod88

Re: TCL 65 6 Series 2018 Audio Delay

Same I was very excited about the tv and the picture is incredible.  But the sound delay is unacceptable.  I have played with every setting and read multiple forums but still an issue. Might be going out to buy a Samsung. Can someone please help.

ThanK you

Venturafan
Binge Watcher

Turning off volume leveling did the trick for me.

0 Kudos
JesseC
Channel Surfer

I don’t think the r625 has volume leveling. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@JesseC wrote:

I don’t think the r625 has volume leveling. 

If it's a Roku TV it should. You usually only see the setting if something is playing. Hit the * button and look in there. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Threegeese
Binge Watcher

Changing the volume leveling setting on the TV would only make a difference if you are using the built-in speakers for audio.