Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koshiz
Visitor

TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Hello All,
t
So i just got a brand new TCL 55R615. I was really happy to have it and i made some test with 4K video on Youtube and the video looking great. But what a let down when i actualy watch a TV show on it. The Audio delay is just unbearable!

My setup is :

HDMI 1 : Cable Box
HDMI 2 : Xbox One X
HDMI 3 : Sonos Beam

So, the audio come AFTER the video so there is no way i can ajust that in the Sonos App. And yes i try to unplug my TV for one hour and do a reset. After some research i find that i'm not alone in this case.

So what is the best solution for me? Just keep the TCL and hoping for an update who will fix this issue or just return it and choose another brand of TV?

Like i said it's a big let down for me because i love everything from this TV exept the audio delay

Thank you!

Labels (1)
286 REPLIES 286
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

@koshiz

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. A few questions to help better understand the issue:

- Does the audio sync issue occur on HDMI input devices, streaming channels, or both?
- Does the same issue occur if you disconnect use of the Sonos for audio output, and use the TV's own internal speakers? 
- With the Sonos connected, if you go into Settings>Audio>S/PDIF and ARC, and choose PCM Stereo, does this get the audio back into sync? 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About, along with any additional details that may be helpful to investigate your report and I'll follow up with you directly. 

Thanks,
Tanner
koshiz
Visitor

Hi RokuTannerDB,

-The issue occur on both streaming channel and HDMI input. My cable box seems to have the exact same lag than when i stream directly on the TV, but my Xbox One X is a little worse
-IIf i disconnect the Sonos i have no lag anymore, but the point to have it is to use it..
-Yes, the audio come back into sync when i choose PCM Stereo

check your PM

Thanks
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the extra details here. I'll be in touch via PM to continue investigating. 

Cheers,
Tanner
0 Kudos
jamahr
Visitor

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Thanks for the extra details here. I'll be in touch via PM to continue investigating. 

Cheers,
Tanner

Roku - I am having the same issue described above. Can you please assist me also?

• Using a new Roku TCL tv

• HDMI Arc audio is delayed coming out of the Vizio soundbar relative to video and TV speakers

• The issue happens regardless of content (roku channel, dvd player, tv station, etc)

• I have already turned off Dolby options and that did not fix the issue

• Optical output also has a delay but is not quite as bad

• The audio is delayed, so the tuning options on the soundbar are not useful (the soundbar can add more delay, but that's not the problem)

The issue is described here also https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=110877&p=633769&hilit=tcl+sync#p633769
0 Kudos
Finder
Visitor

Having the exact same problem. Measured the delay via ARC on my TCL 4 series Roku TV - it is about 150ms delay (audio later than video) if using PCM and about 250ms delay using auto or Dolby Digital. Is anything being done to fix this in 9.1 or do we just need to buy new TVs without Roku OS? Seems like every Roku TV with 8.x and 9.x has had this issue - maybe related to Roku Speaker support?

Good news is it seems like a universal issue - should be able to replicate it easily in house at Roku.

Using a Sonos Beam like the original poster but I hear the issue is the same if you use the beam or not... or if you use ARC or Optical - does not matter.
zachg99

Exact same issue here, audio delay on the ARC for my 65" TCL Roku TV when played to the sonos beam.  For the short term I've purchased an HDMI switch that includes optical audio out then i use the adapter from Sonos to send the audio to my Beam.  This doesn't have any audio delays as i'm skipping the tv, however it does have other drawbacks, i'd love to be able to just use the ARC connection and have it function as intended with the audio sync'ed to the video.
0 Kudos
starl1te
Binge Watcher

this is a universal issue that's been around for about 2 years now. There are workarounds on streaming devices, but it's a disaster on Roku TVs - since pretty much everyone investing in a 4K smart TV will be using an external sound device and not the 10 watt built in speakers. It's mindboggling that Roku hasn't fixed this, while pushing numerous brands of Roku TVs onto unsuspecting customers.

Basically sound output from Roku TV to ANY sound device (AV receiver, soundbar, anything) via HDMI ARC or SPDIF (optical) will result in this 150ms delay. The sync problems are even worse with DTS passthrough, at 500ms and higher thus unwatchable. there is no workaround. if you enable both built-in speakers and external, you can hear the echo and menu navigation double-clicks.

All these issues go away if you plug in your streaming device directly into AV receiver / soundbar. it's like that yo dawg meme, you have to plug your roku into your roku.

to summarize, anything plugged directly into the TV (or the built in Roku) then output to external speakers via ARC or optical will be delayed.

I solved this by completely ignoring the built in Roku of my Roku TV and.... buying a streaming Roku to plug into my receiver. sync (including DTS) is perfect that way, at least for now. like i mentioned, there's been like a dozen different sync issues introduced by various firmware updates, so I'm expecting more in the future.

Buying a Roku TV was a tremendous mistake.
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Thanks for sharing the feedback here. 

Please feel free to send me a PM with the information I requested in my previous post, along with your Roku account email address and TV's serial number. I'll follow up directly to assist you further and see what else we can do to help. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
0 Kudos
msj
Channel Surfer

@starl1te

You’ve nailed it, and explained it well.

Bottom line: Roku TVs are incapable of outputting synced multichannel audio.