Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 55p605 problems with hdr

@botan1982 Thanks. I'll take a look and follow up with you directly. 

@HisSvt2 I've sent you an update via PM as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
botan1982
Level 7

Good day. Can you send firmware 9.0 for self-flashing the TV, if it is possible or you yourself can flash firmware 9.0? I want to use HDR and enjoy the TV.

0 Kudos
botan1982
Level 7

0 Kudos
Davy49
Level 7

TV Goes To HDR Dark Mode Since Latest SW Update

Hi,

We recently purchased our new Hisense Roku TV (Model # 65R7E1), ever since the latest roku software update, whenever we try and view a program in the 'HDR' mode, the picture automatically switches the the HDR Dark Mode. I have to go into picture settings to change it so we can view the desired program in a normal brightness. Has anyone else had this similar issue, and if so is there anyway to correct it ?

Thanks,

David

[post moved to already existing thread]

0 Kudos
WBDune
Level 7

Re: TCL 55P605 since Roku 9.1 HDR dark

I tried playing Halo Reach today on my Xbox One X and the screen is super dark. Obviously my Roku TCL 55p605 TV is having HDR issues. The software version is 9.2.0.
0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Level 9

This has been fixed for a while are you up to date 9.2.0.4501 is what I’m on and have zero HDR issues anymore.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. Try resetting your picture/display settings in Settings>System>Advanced System Settings to see if this helps resolve the issue you're seeing.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
WBDune
Level 7

I'm on build 9.2.0.4501 and have experienced the same issue in the past when Anthem was launched. At that time I reset my TV to factory settings and it did not correct the issue and I still have problems with that game too. It seems to be specific to the use of Dolby HDR.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WBDune Thanks for the note. Please try specifically resetting your TV's audio/picture settings in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset>Reset TV audio/picture settings again, and let me know if that helps resolve the issue. 

Dolby Vision and HDR are two different protocols for streaming content, and any issue you may encounter would not affect both of these in exactly the same manner. Could you please clarify whether you are playing HDR or Dolby Vision content when you observe the issue you described? Which badge displays on screen to indicate the content format? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
WBDune
Level 7

I've followed your recommendations and rest the Picture and Audio settings. When I launch Halo Reach it auto enables game mode and then shows an HDR logo.  Still have the same problem, an overly dark picture that's basically non-viewable.

0 Kudos