Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramrodTM
Level 7

Re: TCL 55P605 since Roku 9.1 HDR dark

I’m having the exact problem. Seems like 9.1 update caused the issue.
HisSvt2
Level 9

"ramrodTM" wrote:
I’m having the exact problem. Seems like 9.1 update caused the issue.

Yeah 9.1 HDR is just hosed but they rolled me back to 9.0 and it’s usable but still not perfect like it was in the 8.x Roku OS.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ramrodTM

Thanks for letting us know. The team is currently investigating the issue. Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System> About. I'll follow up with you directly to gather more information and assist you further. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Fonixx
Level 7

Just wanted to chime in that I'm having the same issue since 9.1 with my 55P605 with my Xbox One X. Have tried swapping all inputs, swapping cables, HDMI is set to 2.0, pretty much all the troubleshooting steps previously suggested in the thread. Apps seem to be ok, its only the Xbox. Have had to turn HDR off on the Xbox until hopefully this can get resolved. 
HisSvt2
Level 9

"Fonixx" wrote:
Just wanted to chime in that I'm having the same issue since 9.1 with my 55P605 with my Xbox One X. Have tried swapping all inputs, swapping cables, HDMI is set to 2.0, pretty much all the troubleshooting steps previously suggested in the thread. Apps seem to be ok, its only the Xbox. Have had to turn HDR off on the Xbox until hopefully this can get resolved. 

Yeah it mostly works since they rolled me back to 9.0 but isn’t perfect but 9.1 is just broken. They haven’t updated this issue yet and I’ve seen people with TCL 6 series affected too.
friobie
Level 7

Any update on this? If not how can I also get a rollback?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

We don't have any updates to share at the moment, but please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and your TV's serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll see what else we can do to assist you. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
friobie
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Hi there, 

We don't have any updates to share at the moment, but please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and your TV's serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll see what else we can do to assist you. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Sent! Thank you!
amstel78
Level 8

HDR is hosed too with my TCL 55P607. Only happens when using Xbox. Built in apps are fine. Can fix by sometimes switching out of HDMI input to the TV's main screen and back to Xbox again while content is playing. Only started happening after 9.0 and now with 9.1 build 4129-30 it's even worse. Please fix!
HisSvt2
Level 9

"amstel78" wrote:
HDR is hosed too with my TCL 55P607. Only happens when using Xbox. Built in apps are fine. Can fix by sometimes switching out of HDMI input to the TV's main screen and back to Xbox again while content is playing. Only started happening after 9.0 and now with 9.1 build 4129-30 it's even worse. Please fix!

Same thing it does in Xbox it does on PS4 and stand alone 4k players too. 9.0 is better but still broken compared to 8x series OS I hope they fix it they rolled me to 9.0 but that isn’t an acceptable fix.