Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TCL 55P605 since Roku 9.1 HDR dark

@amstel78 

Thanks for letting us know. We're continuing to look into these reports. 

Please send me a private message with more information including your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About, and more information about the specific content you are playing on your Xbox (app or game, content title, etc.)  

I'll follow up with you directly to gather more information and assist you further from there.  

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
amstel78
Level 8

Hello Tanner. PM sent.
0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

"HisSvt2" wrote:
Since this update HDR doesn’t display properly. It’s super dark like it’s dimmed in my Xbox one x had to turn it off. 4k Blu-ray player does same thing but switching back and forth input sometimes triggers proper display. All my app that have DV or HDR work fine. PS4 Pro switching input back and worth can get it to work sometimes.

Did a complete factory reset and that didn’t help checked cable and bypassed receiver and same results tried different cable etc.

Everything was fine before Roku 9.1! Need some help if possible to fix this issue.

Thanks

I have the TCL R617. I have the same problem but it only happens with my Xbox X. When the game engages HDR the screen goes dark. I just got the 9.1 update date so obviously it started this problem from 9.0 and higher. Have you had any news on this?

HisSvt2- I have a question for you. I know you have the TCL P series fron 2017. I have the R series from 2018. Anyway my question to you is. When HDR or DV is engaged on your tv, check your Roku app under expert settings and see where your "Picture Mode" changes to. Does it change to HDR or DV dark, normal or bright? Mine doesnt it always goes to "Low Power". I have Roku looking into this but can't get a straight answer. If you can let me know I would appreciate it.
0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Level 9

"Scottt1174" wrote:
"HisSvt2" wrote:
Since this update HDR doesn’t display properly. It’s super dark like it’s dimmed in my Xbox one x had to turn it off. 4k Blu-ray player does same thing but switching back and forth input sometimes triggers proper display. All my app that have DV or HDR work fine. PS4 Pro switching input back and worth can get it to work sometimes.

Did a complete factory reset and that didn’t help checked cable and bypassed receiver and same results tried different cable etc.

Everything was fine before Roku 9.1! Need some help if possible to fix this issue.

Thanks

I have the TCL R617. I have the same problem but it only happens with my Xbox X. When the game engages HDR the screen goes dark. I just got the 9.1 update date so obviously it started this problem from 9.0 and higher. Have you had any news on this?

HisSvt2- I have a question for you. I know you have the TCL P series fron 2017. I have the R series from 2018. Anyway my question to you is. When HDR or DV is engaged on your tv, check your Roku app under expert settings and see where your "Picture Mode" changes to. Does it change to HDR or DV dark, normal or bright? Mine doesnt it always goes to "Low Power". I have Roku looking into this but can't get a straight answer. If you can let me know I would appreciate it.

No mine says HDR bright like it should but screen is dim on Xbox go to main menu and back to game and it switches back to what it’s supposed to look like. I’m on Roku is 9.0 tanner rolled me back the update.
0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

"HisSvt2" wrote:
"Scottt1174" wrote:
"HisSvt2" wrote:

Thanks

No mine says HDR bright like it should but screen is dim on Xbox go to main menu and back to game and it switches back to what it’s supposed to look like. I’m on Roku is 9.0 tanner rolled me back the update.

Thanks. This is so weird. I wonder why the Roku app in picture mode show HDR Bright for you. I tried downloading the app on another android phone and it also says Low Power. Do you have a droid or an iPhone my I ask. That's great you got it fixed. It happens on my Xbox but if I switch the bright to normal to bright again it sets itself right again. Yeah it's the firmware for sure. Roku 9.0 is where I started seeing the problem. I hoped it worked out for you.
0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Level 9

"Scottt1174" wrote:
"HisSvt2" wrote:
"Scottt1174" wrote:
"HisSvt2" wrote:

Thanks

Thanks. This is so weird. I wonder why the Roku app in picture mode show HDR Bright for you. I tried downloading the app on another android phone and it also says Low Power. Do you have a droid or an iPhone my I ask. That's great you got it fixed. It happens on my Xbox but if I switch the bright to normal to bright again it sets itself right again. Yeah it's the firmware for sure. Roku 9.0 is where I started seeing the problem. I hoped it worked out for you.

Same here trouble started in 9.0 and 9.1 it’s completely broken. Last time trouble free was 8.xx firmwares. I’m on an iPhone.

In Xbox instead of changing the tv setting hit the Xbox home button wait a second then go back into app or game that pulls it up for me properly every time.

Hopefully they fix this soon since it’s only when using external HDR capable devices all the Roku apps with HDR and DV work just fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ghmcmur
Level 7

Tcl series 6 Roku tv

I just tried to check the resolution and noticed I have no display settings setting anymore. I'm using 9.1.0. what gives. It's on streaming box in my bedroom.

0 Kudos
aboysick
Level 8

Another unhappy customer here too. 
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Tcl series 6 Roku tv

I've had two Roku TVs, and I've never seen a resolution setting on them. The Roku players, yes. But not TVs. You can't change the resolution on the TV, that's fixed. Or are you referring to some other display settings? 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again for continuing to share your reports here. 

We've been passing along your details to our team, and they are actively working towards further resolution. We will be sure to share an update once we know more. In the meantime, if you'd like to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, I'll follow up with you directly to see what other suggestions we can make to try and help. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos