Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hunghung33
Level 7

TCL 5 series isn't connected when I turn it on

Jump to solution
I have a 49 inch 5 series TCL TV and whenever I turn it on, it keeps saying "not connected" in the top right corner and I have to go into settings to have it check for a connection, THEN the TV connects to my WiFi and I can use it. Sometimes the TV won't even recognize my wifi network and I have to turn it off and on until it does. It's an annoying issue as I can't use the roku app to turn my TV on and it's annoying to have to manually connect every time I turn my TV on. Any suggestions? I already did a system restart in the settings, that didn't help. Restarted my router and that didn't help either.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Markp
Level 9

Re: TCL 5 series isn't connected when I turn it on

Jump to solution
Had the same problem and Fast start solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
blade_005
Level 10

Jump to solution
"hunghung33" wrote:
I have a 49 inch 5 series TCL TV and whenever I turn it on, it keeps saying "not connected" in the top right corner and I have to go into settings to have it check for a connection, THEN the TV connects to my WiFi and I can use it. Sometimes the TV won't even recognize my wifi network and I have to turn it off and on until it does. It's an annoying issue as I can't use the roku app to turn my TV on and it's annoying to have to manually connect every time I turn my TV on. Any suggestions? I already did a system restart in the settings, that didn't help. Restarted my router and that didn't help either.

Do you have FAST TV START enabled in SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER of Roku setup? I am not saying that your connection shouldn't connect automatically from a cold startup, but FAST TV START keeps the TV in a sleep mode, but you can wake it up from Roku app or from Roku Alexa skill. Perhaps that can keep your WiFi connected when you power off the set if it stays in a sleep mode.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
hunghung33
Level 7

Jump to solution
"blade_005" wrote:
"hunghung33" wrote:

Do you have FAST TV START enabled in SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER of Roku setup? I am not saying that your connection shouldn't connect automatically from a cold startup, but FAST TV START keeps the TV in a sleep mode, but you can wake it up from Roku app or from Roku Alexa skill. Perhaps that can keep your WiFi connected when you power off the set if it stays in a sleep mode.

No I don't have it enabled but that's a smart idea, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Markp
Level 9

Jump to solution
Had the same problem and Fast start solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos