Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL 43S435 & DirecTV remotes

Yes, there are similar posts but most are older and I don’t see a clear answer. I just purchased a TCL 43S435 with Roku and am not able to get my DirecTV RC64 remote to control the volume. I’ve seen some suggestions that the newer RC73 remote may work and have one on order but can anyone confirm this? If not, this TV is going back in the box  

@Tivoburkee i read your awesome & accurate description of why the remote codes work when testing but not once saved. Curious if you have any confirmation that the RC73 may work for me or if I should just plan on replacing the TV

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: TCL 43S435 & DirecTV remotes

I had to drop Directv in 2012 because no signal from my apartment. So I never used the small directv remote like rc73. 

AS for the white directv remote i'm the expect on those remotes. I was Tech Know Guide on directv own forums for 7 years. 

The code to use 10463.
1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks release
3. enter 1 0 4 6 3

Make sure the volume is locked to the tv device:
1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

If you haven't programmed the input key:
1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 0, it should blink twice, if it blinks four times you just turned it off, just do it again.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks @Tivoburkee but I tried those exact steps multiple times. along with the code search and literally every other suggestion I’ve read from you and others here and on ATT forums. I was up all night last night trying to make it work but I’ll give it a another go. Nothing to lose at this point. 

And the newer remote should be here by Saturday so we shall see how that goes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

I have tcl 43S517 43" series 5 roku tv, and rc66 directv remote and 10463 works for me. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 19

Try code 12049 works even better. With 10463 you couldn't go up and down with cursor pad, just across. 12049 lets you go up, down, left and right in the menu. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks! That’s helpful and super encouraging. I’ll give those a try as well when I get a chance. 

If I get volume to work at all then I’ll be a happy camper. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

12049 isn’t accepted at all: No double blinking green light. That seems to be the case for all 12xxx codes & this remote  

10463 is accepted by the remote but also doesn’t work. 

I’ve tried resetting the remote to factory settings & starting over but that didn’t help either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

In most be a newer code in the rc66. Take a look at how the inteset 422-3 universal remote looks like the directv remote:

https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-Universal-Backlit-Learning-Devices/dp/B00M4JYTWA/ref=pd_ybh_a_49?_enc...

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yeah, I know the newer DTV remotes have more codes so that’s my last hope before returning the TV. 

Coincidentally, I had been looking at that Inteset remote but I’d prefer not to put any more $ into this venture. I have little doubt that remote would work but it’s less likely to pass the wife approval test 😀

0 Kudos