Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL 43S405 Drops/loses OTA channels sporadically

Jump to solution

No. Favorites option was NOT the problem. I factory reset twice and finally, it scanned in all 137 cable channels. It was bringing in only 57 previously. I have cable. I plug directly into a jack. No box. My other tv’s are fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had this very same issue with cable channels.  I turned off favorites and pulled my cheap USB drive and now it works fine. This is with a 2020 - 55” TCL television. 
#TCL #55R625

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL 55R625 loses cable channels

Jump to solution

FYI:  my new TCL 55R625 lost channels.  Even rescanning it would find the channels but then wouldn’t play them.  What’s up with that???

thanks to post by @Da-Reptile I was able to solve this problem. 
Turn off Favorites and don’t use live tv pause.  
When I turned off favorites and removed the USB drive all the channels came back. 
I originally used a cheap flash drive.  So I ordered a high speed Samsung 32GB 3.1 flash drive and tried it tonight.  And lost most of my channels.  Pulled the flash drive and everything is working again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have certain tv channels being lost and needing a rescan every couple of days on a new 50" Hisense Roku tv, so this seems a long ongoing Roku problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Jump to solution

All OTA channels dropping sporadically. Have only one tv, using antenna mounted outside. Has worked perfectly for months. Using wireless internet only; no cable. Never set up favorites or pause  No USB or roku stick in use  

Problem began a week ago with nothing changed. All channels dropped, but programming info showed info for the night before. Rescan finds no channels. 

Discon antenna and connected a window antenna I have. After several failed scans, success—until it failed again. So I replaced the outdoor antenna that had been working before. Rescan successful after 3-4 tries. 

It continues to be ok thru a day of turning tv off and on, but some/most mornings there is no live tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku 50” tv has done this several times. I found if I turn the set off for a little while then it corrects itself 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Jump to solution

Thanks for response.

Rescan resulting in No channels found erases previous channels. After turning off, resting and turning back on the only option seems to be to rescan and get no channels again. 

0 Kudos