Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL 43S405 Drops/loses OTA channels sporadically

Jump to solution

no fix for me yet? any other suggestions?  we had laff channel last week then it moved from 9.3 to 9.5 and ever since i get blank screen but signal strong and I can see the info at borrom of screen. Dont know what to do. we have tcl roku tv. our tv in other room is not tcl and its working just fine, so confused!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Is the other room getting it's signal from another separate antenna or is the antenna signal combined somewhere and leads to each TV? On the TV that is showing the laff channel can you see the signal level or quality like in bars or SNR? I am guessing each TV has its own antenna and when that happens they are going to pick up signal differently, maybe this particular channel is fringe to begin with to where 1 TV perfectly placed will pick it up and the second TV won't know it's there. Maybe I am wrong let me know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you ever get a fix? I'm having the same trouble with tcl. Only Laff channel 9.5. it moves stations last week and I rescanned and now it's just blank but can see info at bottom. I've done everything I can think of. Tv in other room works fine, it's not a tcl. Have full signal so not an antenna issue. Please let me know if you got yours fixed. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I tried the favorite channel solution and every thing else with this issue and they did not work. Dont know if I got lucky or not, butvi decided to take the usb drive for live tv pause out of the tv and that fixed the issue for me. Sucks because i thought it was a cool feature but at least i dont miss the best plays in my football games any mor . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Try another type of USB stick, select a 16GB USB 3.0 type (faster r/w speeds). That's what I did and it fixed it. I was using a Lexar USB 2.0 16GB, and I bought another at microcenter for 7.99, except it was 16GB USB 3.0, and it works fine!!!!! Try any other USB stick if you can't immediately buy, but try to go with 3.0. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That funny on that answer I also have a hisense roku tv that still has all the channels on the same antenna. And I lost 10 channels on my tcl tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Rescan channels on Hisense, maybe they go away too.. FCC repack not completely done til late spring I think. When you say same antenna do you mean antenna didn't move at all and you plugged direct into the TCL? For example mine I have in attic the antenna with 50` coax coming down to garage where I have an amplified 4 way splitter from Channel master, then each leg out to 4 different TVs. Each path from splitter varies from 25-35 feet but signal is same coming out the splitter (there is no question as to the antenna signal). I think the Hisense also has the Fav channel options. Finally wanted to mention I have seen some TVs outperform others when it comes to signal receive, but only by a little little bit. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Had the same issue with my set and went through same routine and nothing.  Removed usb drive as you suggested and voila! It worked. Put in a different usb drive and problem came back. removed usb and had to rescan to get channels back. Sounds like a TCL software problem. 

Anyway, thanks for a solution. Thought I'd have to try and return to Amazon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 75" hisense Roku that is doing the same thing. I called Roku and they said it's me or my antenna. I hung up on them. It will work after I do a factory reset on the TV for about 2 to 3 weeks then starts all over again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hopefully this helps someone.....TCL TV 55S423, although since the problems appear to be software based I doubt the specific model is that important. Tried all suggestions above on station geeking out, live tv pause seems to be the major hiccup with the picture glitch. What should be pixelation from signal disruption turns into a “channel reboot” of sorts. Removing USB to disable live pause seems to have fixed it (now we get a little pixelation now and again but don’t seem to drop channels and have periodic black screen). We also had a sound problem where after the channel reboot we would get low audio output for random amounts of time and we’d hear phantom sounds, the audio was set to auto detect and we switched it to pcm-stereo...now audio seems concistent. Ultimately I DO NOT RECOMMEND this product and will never purchase another. If you’re reading this before buying I recommend you spend the extra money for something else and save yourself the frustration. 

0 Kudos