Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elmer_Fudd_Gant
Streaming Star

System update: from version 10.5.0.420 to 10.0.0.4209. Why would version be going down?

Jump to solution

just checked system update.  I am reticent to update it because of this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: System update: from version 10.5.0.420 to 10.0.0.4209. Why would version be going down?

Jump to solution

@Elmer_Fudd_Gant 

Some older devices and RokuTvs were reportedly having a problem with the new 10.5 update so an option was presented to revert to the prevous 10.0 OS while Roku addresses the issue.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/OS-10-5-Some-older-Roku-TVs-and-Roku...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: System update: from version 10.5.0.420 to 10.0.0.4209. Why would version be going down?

Jump to solution

@Elmer_Fudd_Gant 

Some older devices and RokuTvs were reportedly having a problem with the new 10.5 update so an option was presented to revert to the prevous 10.0 OS while Roku addresses the issue.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/OS-10-5-Some-older-Roku-TVs-and-Roku...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Elmer_Fudd_Gant
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

OK... it is an option?  It will not auto update and I shouldn't update if I am not having playback issues?

Note:  I have been having issues with every TCL tv in the house ... getting slow, restarting frequently etc.  Basically behaving as if they did not allow enough memory to run the OS.  Assuming this has nothing to do with that.

0 Kudos