Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juel2

Suddenly the Volume to TOO Loud

All of a sudden, the volume on my ROKU is too loud, even on 1.  It just happened this morning when I turned on the TV, it wasn't like this last night.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Suddenly the Volume to TOO Loud

@Juel2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device/TV are you using? Is this issue still occurring? If so, what are the steps to reproduce the issue? What volume set at when you see this issue happens? Do you have any external audio products attached in your home setup?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
M1L2N3
Reel Rookie

Hello Danny, I have the same problem like Juel2... I have 6 Roku Streaming Sticks+ HD 4K HDR Device ID: 213054220379 Lot:2189044944 (if you need the other 5 lot numbers I can email them to you), connected individually to 5 Samsung TVs. and 1 Sharp Aquos. All Tvs and Rokus around 5 years old. No audio external devices. As simple as: TV + Roku. While watching TV suddenly the volume will increase so loud until distortion. What I do is: Go back to the main menu and re-select the program that I am watching. The problem is that happens too often that it is annoying repeating the same procedure and also in sports games I miss moments during a play. Happens to all TVs. Also my next door neighbor has the same problem. I did a google research but seems like nobody is talking about it. Please advise. Thanks
MLN

jeffcustom

We are experiencing the exact same thing on both our TV's in our house. Like you, I can't seem to find anyone talking about it. 

0 Kudos
Paulakm

I have the same problem on the Roku Ultra. It suddenly goes really loud and when you exit then resume the sound is normal. This happened all the time.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'd like to see how we can assist. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems) Is this happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? Can you please check your TV's volume level and mute settings using your remote?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards,

Eunice 

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ed2017
Reel Rookie

My TV is suddenly too loud.  Set at 1 sounds the same as set at 35.  The button on the TV itself doesn't lower the volume.  The tv is unusable at the moment.  What can I do?  It's connected to an Xfinity box for wifi.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ed2017,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for posting about this issue that you're experiencing!

We understand you're having a problem with your TV's audio. We're happy to help. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuEuniceL provided above?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ed2017
Reel Rookie

It's a 7 year old Roku Insignia with only the wifi connected to it.  I turned it off and left it for 15 minutes then turned it on again.  It's working ok now.  I think it might be an aging TV problem.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ed2017,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos