Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeff_t
Level 8

Subwoofer return shipping cost?

Jump to solution

Roku has a 30-day return policy, which is nice, except the customer has to pay for return shipping. For a bulky product like the Roku Wireless Subwoofer, the return shipping cost might be substantial. Has anyone tried to return one? How much did it cost? Roku should supply flat-rate return shipping like Crutchfield. Their policy is fair and predictable.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jeff_t
Level 8

Re: Subwoofer return shipping cost?

Jump to solution

To answer my own question, it appears it would cost $50 or $60 (UPS or FedEx) to ship the subwoofer from the east coast back to the west coast. Perhaps slightly less if you're closer to the west coast than I am. That pretty much makes the subwoofer an unreturnable product. If you don't like it, you'd probably lose less money by trying to resell it locally. I understand return shipping shouldn't necessarily be free (unless product is defective), but for Roku's free return policy to really mean anything, they should offer a flat rate significantly less than retail shipping costs. I know it would cost Roku less than that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jeff_t Thanks for the note here. 

If you purchased a Roku Smart Soundbar directly from www.roku.com, you get free return shipping within the first 30 days. Please feel free to reach out to our support team directly for more help managing your order here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
jeff_t
Level 8

Jump to solution

To answer my own question, it appears it would cost $50 or $60 (UPS or FedEx) to ship the subwoofer from the east coast back to the west coast. Perhaps slightly less if you're closer to the west coast than I am. That pretty much makes the subwoofer an unreturnable product. If you don't like it, you'd probably lose less money by trying to resell it locally. I understand return shipping shouldn't necessarily be free (unless product is defective), but for Roku's free return policy to really mean anything, they should offer a flat rate significantly less than retail shipping costs. I know it would cost Roku less than that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jeff_t Thanks for the note here. 

If you purchased a Roku Smart Soundbar directly from www.roku.com, you get free return shipping within the first 30 days. Please feel free to reach out to our support team directly for more help managing your order here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jeff_t
Level 8

Jump to solution

I already own Roku TV Wireless Speakers, so I purchased the subwoofer by itself. Obviously, I hope it's great and won't have any desire to return it, but I was just considering my options. Thanks.

0 Kudos