cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rkmcniel
Level 7

Subwoofer keeps disconnecting

For the last few days I notice that my subwoofer is not working & I'm only getting sound from the soundbar.  I reconnect it and it usually says updating speaker. It works for a day or two then it disconnects again. Sometimes it says something about having more than one subwoofer connected. I don't. I really hope this doesn't continue to happen. When it works it's fantastic! Any ideas?

#Roku subwoofer

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Subwoofer keeps disconnecting

@rkmcniel Thanks for reaching out to let us know.

Have you tried resetting your subwoofer, then reconnecting it to your soundbar to see if this clears up the issue? Has anything recently changed, such as the placement of your soundbar, subwoofer, or your wireless router? 

Please let us know if the reset helps improve your performance. If not, we'll continue assisting you tos ee what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue. Mine has been working flawlessly for several weeks, but now all of a sudden...I pair the sub and I get nothing, only sound bar. I've tried everything...restarting the Roku, fac reset the sub...it even pairs to the Roku, but still no sound on the sound test...super frustrated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mackeyk
Level 7

Have you determined a solution for this? My subwoofer disconnects then reconnects itself every so often.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos