Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJ7

Subwoofer Model # 9201X keeps disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently.

Subwoofer Model # 9201X keeps disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently approximately every 30-45 seconds then reconnects, then again disconnects. "Trying to connect to subwoofer" message keeps appearing on screen which is very distracting. Can Roku please provide a software update or patch to permanently fix this issue? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Subwoofer Model # 9201X keeps disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently.

@FJ7

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried unpairing your subwoofer, then pairing it back again to see if that resolves the issue.

In addition, we would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?
How do I resolve issues pairing my Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johneber

Re: Subwoofer Model # 9201X keeps disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently.

I, too, am having the same problem. I've factory reset the subwoofer multiple times and reinstalled, still has the same problems. This appears to be an ongoing issue w/posts on the subject for quite some time. What is the problem/how can I address?

Thanks,

- John

0 Kudos
rkmcniel
Streaming Star

I had thought about trying another Roku Subwoofer after sending mine back 3-4 years ago because of these exact same issues, but these posts sure lets me know they won't fix the issue. I'm a Roku fan in general, (3 Roku Tv's, set of wireless speakers) and I'm pleased with the TV's and the wireless speakers in the bedroom, but I would be thrilled if they could get the Sub issues fixed so I could take advantage of the all the sound settings Roku offers, and put a sub back in my living room. I love my JBL soundbar and sub but can't use sound settings.

0 Kudos