Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Stuttering/ frame skipping on TCL R625 with Natural Cinema On with the new update

Hi everybody,

The problem is whenever I turn on the Natural Cinema Option in the pictures settings I get frame skipping/stuttering issue. Natural Cinema is an option that removes the Judder from 24p contents.

The issue is recent, when I bought my TV 3 months ago, everything was clean. No issues at all. Now, the problem is really annoying me since it happens on the TV apps as well. as soon as I switch the option to OFF, the problem ceases, but the movies become unwatchable. it happens only with HDR content

I tried every possible solution, changing frame rates, using TV applications, switching cables (HDMI monoprice now), Factory Resets .. etc.

What's bothering me is that the problem is recent and the TV didn't come like this.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Stuttering/ frame skipping on TCL R625 with Natural Cinema On with the new update

I can confirm the findings in the OP. I have had the same issues when using Natural Cinema with 4k HDR content. I've noticed natural cinema comes defaulted to off on HDR content....maybe it wasn't designed for HDR content? 

0 Kudos