Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Streambar with projector and bluray

Jump to solution

I can not get sound to my streambar with my set up when watching bluray/dvd on my projector, is there a way?

This is what I have;

Streambar 

Benq projector without ARC or optical audio out. It has hdmi whiteout ARC and analogue audio out.

Blu-ray player with optical out and hdmi, but no ARC

I hooked optical audio out from bluray to streambar, and hdmi from bluray to projector. Audio comes on sound bar for a couple seconds, but when the movie starts, the audio stops.

Any ideas? 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 20

Re: Streambar with projector and bluray

Jump to solution

For it to work correctly with other components connected to your tv it HAS to have hdmi-arc or combination of regular hdmi and optical output on the tv. There has to be way to send audio from the tv to streambar, and you don't have one.  

Edmund

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 7

Jump to solution

I turned the output on the dvd player from bitstream to PCS on the blue ray player, that got the audio to come through the streambar...but I am guessing I lost my dolby feature on the streambar by doing this?  So, still interested in any feedback please if there is a more correct way to set this up.

0 Kudos
Level 20

Jump to solution

For it to work correctly with other components connected to your tv it HAS to have hdmi-arc or combination of regular hdmi and optical output on the tv. There has to be way to send audio from the tv to streambar, and you don't have one.  

Edmund

View solution in original post

Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.  There is an optical out on the bluray player.  It works if I set the blue ray to PCS audio output, but not bitstream.  Any idea why the streambar is not accepting a bitstream optical output?

0 Kudos