mollys11
Binge Watcher

Streambar subwoofer

Jump to solution

Is it possible to add a Rpku subwoofer to my UK Streambar?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar subwoofer

Jump to solution

@mollys11

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Wireless Subwoofer is designed to connect with a Roku host device such as a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku TV when Roku wireless speakers are connected. It cannot be connected directly to your TV, or an existing sound system.

For more information about the Roku subwoofer, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mollys11

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Wireless Subwoofer is designed to connect with a Roku host device such as a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku TV when Roku wireless speakers are connected. It cannot be connected directly to your TV, or an existing sound system.

For more information about the Roku subwoofer, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mollys11
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Can I purchase a subwoofer here in the UK for my streambar.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mollys11,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community and for the interest in our Roku subwoofer.  Our Roku Subwoofer is currently not officially marketed in the UK but you could try purchasing it from online retailers. Feel free to keep an eye on our blog at blog.roku.com for any future announcements or updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Koocha

Re: Streambar subwoofer UK availability

Jump to solution

On a UK Roku we don't get the option to add a subwoofer from the menu, just a remote.

So I take it even if we got one we wouldn't be able to pair it with our Roku?

0 Kudos
Donsfan1903
Channel Surfer

Re: Streambar subwoofer help required

Jump to solution

Hi sorry to jump in on this conversation but I though I would post here as there’s already a conversation going on about the issue I’m interested in ,

im in the UK and purchased a US Subwoofer to pair with my streambar , after someone from roku on here says it would be compatible ( believe they said it’s not officially in UK but you can buy online )  ,anyway the sub turned up ,plugged it in enters pairing mode and the streambar doesn’t find it , I see the remote on the pairing screen but assumed the sub would show up when/if the roku recognised it as being available , any advice on how I can connect it   I mean it’s Bluetooth isn’t it ? Should be s piece of cake … that reminds me …Cake yum 🤪🤪

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Donsfan1903

Thanks for the post.

For more information about setting up your subwoofer, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: Set up a wireless subwoofer

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID ofnyour Roku device ? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The subwoofer isn't bluetooth its different kind of RF, Wifi-direct. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Donsfan1903
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Donsfan1903

Thanks for the post.

For more information about setting up your subwoofer, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: Set up a wireless subwoofer

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID ofnyour Roku device ? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi @RokuDanny-R , thanks for reply , I’ll give it another go when I get home from work, if it’s still causing issues I’ll give you a shout , Cheers 

0 Kudos
Donsfan1903
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

The subwoofer isn't bluetooth its different kind of RF, Wifi-direct. 

Hi @Tivoburkee thanks for reply , yeah I did actually see that about 20 mins or so after posting original question ,regardless it should still manage to connect , it’s not even showing as an option , thanks anyway 

0 Kudos