Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Streambar stopped working

Have a brand new Roku Streambar.  I installed it yesterday on our Roku 65" TV.  Setup went fine and connected without any issues to the HDMI(ARC) input.  I connected the new Roku enhanced remote and all worked fine.  Watched TV for several hours without any issues.

I previously had a DVD player connected to the HDMI (ARC) input, and it was moved to HDMI 3. I went back into settings to change/correct the input settings.  I deleted the DVD player input then labeled HDMI 3 as a DVD Player and labeled HDMI (ARC) as "soundbar".  

I continued to watch TV with sound coming from the streambar... no issues.  I turned the TV off last night then this morning, the Soundbar would not come on.  Steady orange light showing in the front.  It was white yesterday when it was working.   I've searched all settings, searched for CEC devices and none were found, tried unplugging power from the streambar, tried pushing the reset button and it turned white and then turned green but this didn't seem to make any difference. Still nothing.  Audio settings-> speakers only have "TV Speakers" and "off".  I've disconnected the HDMI cable and when I plug it back in the TV recognizes a new device and just asks me to label it.  I labeled it (again) as a soundbar.   When I view the input on HDMI (ARC) there is the purple "ROKU" theme screen on that I guess the streambar generates and sends back to the TV, but I'm out of ideas.  No online resolutions seem to exist.  

Help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 8

Re: Streambar stopped working

I have exactly the same problem. There are absolutely no apps on this new Roku Streambar, after initially working OK straight from the box after install today 8/1/21. All I have is TV Off button after pressing the Home button. No Netflix, NowTV or Amazon Prime after they were working perfectly well this morning. It is going back tomorrow if I cant get it to work later.

I have another Roku box that when I link that up it works perfect.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar stopped working

@abelfam @Barny 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos