pro3family

Re: Streambar speaker crackling

I have 2 Roku Streambars Model # 9102R having crackling sound on all sound levels. They have the following Serial Numbers.

YL00C0521600

YL00FS572001

with latest software update version - 11.5.0 Build 4312-95

Changed the HDMI cables and all options on the system including reset on both.  Still hear crackling sound on all the Apps. Please help.

0 Kudos
mbishop12565
Channel Surfer

I have done all that has been recommended and nothing has changed. This whole thing is really odd as the speaker was working perfectly fine and then just started having issues without any known cause. It will go in and out as well with the sound softer at times. Other times, the sound will seem good for just a moment and then start buzzing again. It's all very odd.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pro3family,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jonny73

I’m in the same boat as everyone else. Everything was working fine, then the speaker started crackling. I’ve tried everything to resolve. It was so bad last night I disconnected my Roku and just used the smart features on my tv to watch what I wanted. 
I hope there is something that solves this.

Roku Streambar 

model 9102x

SN 2a10af424384

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jonny73,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mbishop12565
Channel Surfer

Hello Mary.

I am seeing a lot of response that someone from support will get back with me (us) and they do. However, what is said is kind of  a "canned" response and there doesn't seem to be an actual solution for the problem. What is being done to resolve the matter? Especially when we are all going through the suggestions that are sent to us? I haven't seen one post that anyone's issue has been solved. Please advise.

Pjchapman93
Reel Rookie

Hi  @RokuMary-F 

Having issues with speakers crackling on our #streambar . I have done a factory reset and the problem is still present.  Please help!

Streambar

model # 9101R2

YL004L993504

software 11.5.0

0 Kudos
lamarooski

@RokuMary-F 

Like many others, I hear the crackling/static-like sound.  

My model # is 9102R

Serial # YL00H1518329

Software: 11.5.0

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
lou7medina
Reel Rookie

Same issue for us on 9102R - version 11.5.0, build 4312-95.  This is unacceptable! It's obvious with so many people complaining, this issue is large and should be taken care of.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Pjchapman93 @lamarooski

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos