Streambar speaker crackling

My Roku stream bar speaker sounds like it's blown on every channel I have. I've tried everything from replacing the HDMI cable to a total factory reset and it's still sounds like the speaker is blown how do I remedy this?

Labels (1)
104 REPLIES 104
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar speaker crackling

Hi @gregoryjboone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are experiencing crackling sound in your Streambar, is that correct?

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Tldelp21
Reel Rookie

My streambar is doing same thing. Audio is crackling on all channels like the speakers are blown. If I turn off the bass that fixes audio but sound isn’t as good. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tldelp21,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If the cracking sound issue remains unresolved with your Roku Streambar, kindly provide us the serial number of your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About.
Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dcarriger

Mine is also having this issue lately. Replaced the HDMI, factory reset, sound settings reset, power cycled it. Nothing helps. Serial number is YL00F4040002 software build 4210-95

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dcarriger,
Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
GTCrowell

I am having the same problem with my STREAMBAR purchased about 6 weeks ago. Seems like there is a manufacturing problem as so many people have had similar issues. 

Model 9102RW

Serial #YL00AC289433

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@GTCrowell

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tldelp21
Reel Rookie

The audio is still broken. Model 9102RW serial number YL0098040180

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Tldelp21

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos