Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar, left channel sounds louder than right channel!

Jump to solution

@Pmumbles @Luda83 @tcheath

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaymeMe
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar - sound mainly coming from one side

Jump to solution

Same problem here, returned the first unit, now this second unit also only has sound coming from the left speaker. Not worth the size of the unit if this is how they all function. Decent sound from that left side, probably would be really nice listening if that sound came from both sides of the streambar.

I also tried  changing cables, setting all to factory normal, nothing made a difference. Not sure I want the hassle of trying a third one at this point

0 Kudos
Luda83
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@JaymeMe @I went through two units and returned both it wasn’t worth the hassle. Ironically enough now support is reaching out to me directly about the issue but I told them I already returned them. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you can provide me with the information that I have requested in my previous response, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting your feedback however we have confirmed with our audio engineers that this is the intended behavior of the Roku Streambar. While the Streambar has 4 speakers we avoid using both center speakers for center content as this would cause audio filtering issues however, when lower frequency sound is played more of the audio drivers are engaged. Your Streambar is behaving as designed to provide the best sound quality and when listening to content at a normal distance the Streambar should sound as expected.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JaymeMe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much Danny for that explanation. It seems this is not intended for antenna users or those of us that only use apps for streaming movies. It doesn't sound right with only one speaker, for me, it's quite noticeable and know to  not try another one. I sincerely appreciate your time and help with the matter, Jayme

0 Kudos
Pmumbles
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny for the explanation. It's hard to believe that this is by design since it's so noticeable. 

Even from 20ft away you can tell the audio is coming from the left-side which is disorienting when the on-screen content is coming from the right or center of the screen. Even when a car drives across the screen from right to left the sound is always mostly coming from the left-front speaker. I have a replacement unit on the way, I suppose if this is by design the streambar just isn't for me.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

0 Kudos
MarkBevan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the explanation, Danny.  I tried a second unit (before Danny's reply) and it behaved the same way (but I kept it anyway).

As Danny's reply says that this is the way it's designed to work (and the explanation makes sense), I'm happy that it's not a fault.

If that's the way it produces good lower frequency sound, fair enough (it does produce impressive lower frequency sound, given its size).

I'm not bothered by the sound being slightly off centre, now I know why. It's only noticeable when you are far too close anyway 😉

Thanks for getting a proper explanation, from your audio engineers !

0 Kudos