Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rew452
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar, left channel sounds louder than right channel!

Jump to solution

WOW

I just did a community search on StreamBar and could not believe how many people have had left side louder than the right plus many other audio issues!

What I don't get is Why is ROKU not fixing the issues, some started almost a year ago!

Roku, how about more info than 'Let me have you S/N and I will report it to that team." which seems to be the standard reply. That fine but were is the FIX?

It seems that either there is not one or your Engineering Team needs a kick in the **bleep**.

At least share what's going on and status of getting a fix out.

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ Luda8 

Thanks for the post.

Is this happening across all channels or a specific channel?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Luda83
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

all channels worse when using optical input 

Roku Streambar

YL00AS263361

0 Kudos
tcheath

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with S/N 2A1171579335. It is occurring across all channels. Software is 10.5.0 (build 4201-95)

Pmumbles
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m also having the issue across all channels/apps. I’ve reset everything per instructions given on other posts on the topic but the issue remains.

SN: 2A1172149377 up to date on software as of 12/3/21

Luda83
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to return mine, I switch the optical to PCM and it was good for a little while but after a reboot of the source device went back to the same issue. I love the concept of the streambar  but seriously why hasn’t this issue been fixed!

Rew452
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update

Got a replacement from Amazon and it has the same issue with the left side louder than the right and oddly it's fiber connection does not seem to work.

Come on Roku this is getting really stupid, support keeps saying "they will forward this info to the team", yet the team is mum on any fixes or even any time line to fix.

Do we have a Hardware or a Software issue??? Software can be fixed with a firmware update, a hardware problem means replacement??????

If I can find the time I will check each speaker in the SreamBar using signal generator and measure with a mic to verify volume left-right differences.

One more possible issue is how the Dolby decoding is be done; this could be also the heart of the issue.

The StreamBar really seems to be a really Fantastic product but needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos
Rew452
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Reading about this and other problems with the StreamBar and others are getting replacement StreamBars.

How do I get a replacement?

As I posted before Both StreamBars, the original and a replacement from amazon have the same problem!

0 Kudos
Pmumbles
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can return/replace your Streambar here: https://support.roku.com/contactus/returns-and-manage-orders

I recently ordered a replacement and hope this fixes the issue, but I'm not optimistic based on what I'm reading in the forums here and on Reddit. It appears to be a software issue so hopefully they'll figure it out and patch the issue.

0 Kudos
Rew452
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks much appreciated!

0 Kudos