csoliver

Streambar pairing wirless speakers

Jump to solution

Does the streambar and wireless speakers pair? I can't see the option to pair on the streambar settings. It only gives me an option to pair a remote. It's almost like the streambar doesn't have the software but I'm sure I've read it is possible. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar pairing wirless speakers

Jump to solution

Hi @csoliver,

Welcome to the Roku Community! I will do my best to assist you.

To begin the pairing process, plug a power cable into each speaker and a nearby wall outlet, and listen for the spoken instructions.

• Note: Before a speaker is paired to your Roku host device, the spoken instructions are repeated every few minutes. If you wish to hear them again immediately, press the Pair button on the back of the speaker. 

The speaker will ask you to perform the following steps to put your Roku host device into pairing mode.

1. Make sure your Roku host device is powered on.
  2. Press and hold the Home button home button on Roku remote on your existing Roku remote for 5 seconds.
  3. Select Wireless speakers.

• Tip: You can also put your Roku device into pairing mode by selecting Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device.

After you complete step 3, you can follow along with the steps on your TV screen, or continue reading this article for a more comprehensive set of instructions.

When your Roku host device is in pairing mode, it automatically detects and pairs each speaker, one at a time. After the few moments it takes to pair and update each speaker, the process will move to the step below automatically.

1. A sound will play in only one of the speakers. While facing the TV screen, identify whether the speaker playing the sound is to your left or your right.
  2. Select Left or Right (if using with a Roku TV), or Rear left or Rear right (if using with a Streambar or soundbar).

• Note: If you do not hear the sound, select I don't hear the sound and follow the on-screen troubleshooting steps.

3. After you assign a value to the first speaker, a sound will play in the other speaker. Confirm you can hear the sound in the second speaker by selecting Yes.

Your wireless speakers are now paired. With a Roku TV, they are configured for stereo sound. With a Streambar or soundbar, they are configured for surround sound.

• Note: You can only pair two wireless speakers to your Roku host device. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I set up my Roku® wireless speakers? | Official Roku Support 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @csoliver,

Welcome to the Roku Community! I will do my best to assist you.

To begin the pairing process, plug a power cable into each speaker and a nearby wall outlet, and listen for the spoken instructions.

• Note: Before a speaker is paired to your Roku host device, the spoken instructions are repeated every few minutes. If you wish to hear them again immediately, press the Pair button on the back of the speaker. 

The speaker will ask you to perform the following steps to put your Roku host device into pairing mode.

1. Make sure your Roku host device is powered on.
  2. Press and hold the Home button home button on Roku remote on your existing Roku remote for 5 seconds.
  3. Select Wireless speakers.

• Tip: You can also put your Roku device into pairing mode by selecting Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device.

After you complete step 3, you can follow along with the steps on your TV screen, or continue reading this article for a more comprehensive set of instructions.

When your Roku host device is in pairing mode, it automatically detects and pairs each speaker, one at a time. After the few moments it takes to pair and update each speaker, the process will move to the step below automatically.

1. A sound will play in only one of the speakers. While facing the TV screen, identify whether the speaker playing the sound is to your left or your right.
  2. Select Left or Right (if using with a Roku TV), or Rear left or Rear right (if using with a Streambar or soundbar).

• Note: If you do not hear the sound, select I don't hear the sound and follow the on-screen troubleshooting steps.

3. After you assign a value to the first speaker, a sound will play in the other speaker. Confirm you can hear the sound in the second speaker by selecting Yes.

Your wireless speakers are now paired. With a Roku TV, they are configured for stereo sound. With a Streambar or soundbar, they are configured for surround sound.

• Note: You can only pair two wireless speakers to your Roku host device. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I set up my Roku® wireless speakers? | Official Roku Support 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sean3610

Jump to solution

Question: I want to purchase a pair of Roku Wireless Speakers to connect to the Roku stream bar.

I have read many reviews on these speakers and all have different comments. My question is when I pair these speakers to my Roku stream bar for a surround sound effect will it "Cut Off" the soundbars audio and just play thru the surround speakers? Many people say it does while others say it doesn't.

I have a 65" Hisense TV connected to the Roku stream bar and its plays great.

Any help in answering my question will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos