Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maisiedaisie
Channel Surfer

Streambar original - cannot fix audio dropping problem

My streambar is connected to a Roku tv. While watching any channel, the audio will drop for one second and then again for a quick half-second. It will be fine for a while (sometimes you don’t even notice it as there is no audio at that exact second) and then again. It seems to be occurring every, maybe, two minutes.

I’ve tried every solution out there, nothing works. I even moved it another tv and it happened. It’s like the signal is reloading over and over. Drives you nuts watching movies but you don't notice as much watching sports etc.

I would like to know if it is the console itself and who should I contact. I emailed the Canadian contact but never received a reply.

thanks

John

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar original - cannot fix audio dropping problem

@Maisiedaisie

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maisiedaisie
Channel Surfer

X00300DPSNNM

thanks

john

0 Kudos
Maisiedaisie
Channel Surfer

Any update help Danny R?

thanks

john

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Maisiedaisie

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maisiedaisie
Channel Surfer

Ok, no news yet but I have a question for all you folks who have read my about my issue.

Am I Really the only one with this problem? No one else out there has ever had this problem?

I await feedback.

thanks

john

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Maisiedaisie

Thanks for the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maisiedaisie
Channel Surfer

I never heard back from anyone…have disconnected the piece of **bleep** Roku Streambar.

Can anyone recommend a good Streambar that is mid-price?

thanks

john

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Maisiedaisie,

Thanks for reaching back.

We sincerely apologized for the inconvenience and we're sorry for the delay in the solution. We are working on ways to better improve this process.

In regards to your Roku Streambar issue, I've followed up on your concerns with our Support team. If you don't hear from them within the next 1-2 business days, please feel free to reach out again and I'll make sure you are taken care of.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bluedog827
Reel Rookie

Ran across this post while replying to a similar problem.

"I have a Roku soundbar. over the last couple of weeks, I have brief (a second or two) sound interruptions or cut-outs. The frequency then slowly increases. I am using an optical cable from the TV to the Roku Soundbar. Since I also have the problem with regular TV (which is directly connected to the Soundbar (via optical cable), the problem is either in the Roke-Soundbar interface  or the soundbar.

Out of desperation, I bring up the Roke setting screen and do a Roku restart. Problem gone; but only for a day or so. Then another re-boot. I may just dump the combined Roku-Soundbar, And install a separate soundbar (non Roku) and a separate Roku.

Multifunction gear is an idea looking for problem. "

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos