gillesC
Streaming Star

Streambar only plays with Surround

Jump to solution

I have a TCL RokuTV, Roku Streambar, Roku Subwoofer, and Four Roku Speakers(two 9020s and two 9030s) I got the latest update of 10.5 and all of speakers updated and connected fine.

Now my sound is 4.1 (front and rear Roku speakers + Subwoofer) No sound from Roku StreamBar.

I have the Dolby channel that has little clips of Dolby Vision W/Atmos and when I play any of those I get full 5.1 sound coming from all of my speakers, including the StreamBar.

Why do I not get normal surround from any other sources?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gillesC
Streaming Star

Re: 5.1 only plays with Atmos

Jump to solution

So the next day I was flipping through some OTA channels, I realized that the 5.1 was working on a football game or something. I check the channel's info. and that showed Dolby Audio, so hey, it's good!

I'm not a big audiophile, so I probably just misunderstood something.

Seems nobody reads this stuff anyways?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
gillesC
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So the next day I was flipping through some OTA channels, I realized that the 5.1 was working on a football game or something. I check the channel's info. and that showed Dolby Audio, so hey, it's good!

I'm not a big audiophile, so I probably just misunderstood something.

Seems nobody reads this stuff anyways?

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you happy with your set-up? I feel like adding a second pair of wireless speakers but worried it’s too soon. No reviews of 5.1 full surround yet. Please advise, thank you!

0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The Streambar has audio when I have a source with Surround. I was a bit confused why when OTA channels had the Dolby audio logo the center was not working, but it was regular stereo. (Subchannels)

Most of the main channels (2.1, 6.1, 8.1 and so on) are Surround. Some HULU shows are Surround too, this took me a while to figure out. LOL

All in all, I am happy with it. TV sound settings has treble, bass and Surround levels 10 to -10.  So far, no troubles, sound is in sync and is clear.

Hope that helps.