Davidhx
Binge Watcher

Streambar- is speaker always enabled?

Jump to solution

Silly question perhaps,but is the speaker always enabled on the streambar? I do not own one of these yet but considering a purchase.

For example, say I'm watching a programme via the Roku where I don't want the sound to come from the streambar, but from the TV speakers. Is it possible? Or is everything watched using the streambar speaker?

Roku Streambar 

Also, what is the power consumption?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar- is speaker always enabled?

Jump to solution

@Davidhx

Thanks for the post.

If you are using the Streambar to stream content, then the audio will come from the Streambar and not the TV speakers. In the event that you are looking for a Roku streaming device and simply want the audio to come out of the TV speakers, we would recommend purchase a Roku player as opposed to a Roku Streambar.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Davidhx

Thanks for the post.

If you are using the Streambar to stream content, then the audio will come from the Streambar and not the TV speakers. In the event that you are looking for a Roku streaming device and simply want the audio to come out of the TV speakers, we would recommend purchase a Roku player as opposed to a Roku Streambar.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Davidhx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming. Have not actually heard a streambar in action, but would be nice to have the option to switch audio back to the TV, as probably would not want to watch all programmes with the audio power of the streambar.

0 Kudos
davwlk7

Jump to solution

Hello My question is similar but I want to know is I have already  a Onn Roku television Can I just use the Streambar just for sound and not for streaming since my TV is doing that already?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@davwlk7

Thanks for the inquiry.

Yes, you can use the Roku Streambar just for audio enhancement.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos