Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seesofar
Channel Surfer

Streambar goes to homescreen everytime I switch TV inputs

Why does my Roku Streambar revert back to the homescreen when I switch inputs on my TV. I often switch back and forth between inputs and this is very frustrating. I have to reload whatever Roku app I was using at the time. I've tried every option available in the TV's HDMI- ARC menu to no avail. Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar goes to homescreen everytime I switch TV inputs

Touching any button on Roku Streambar remote will send you  to Streambar's home screen. Even tv power. If you're just using the Streambar for better sound and not its built-in streamer, put away the Streambar remote. Your tv volume keys will control the Streambar volume via cec. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
seesofar
Channel Surfer

Using TV remote to change inputs still results in homescreen. This did not happen when I was using a Roku Premiere on a non HDMI ARC input. I could pause a program on Roku, change inputs, go back to Roku and continue where I paused. There are no options in the HDMI ARC menu on the TV or the Roku Streambar that resolves this problem.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Try this in the Streambar  settings:

Settings> system> control other devices> uncheck the 1-touch play box. Read the paragraph next to the box. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
seesofar
Channel Surfer

Thanks, I tried that and it didn't work. It only removed some functions that I had.

0 Kudos
seesofar
Channel Surfer

I have tried using a normal HDMI input along with an optical cable with the same results. Therefore, I know it lies with the Streambar itself and not the TV or it's inputs. When the sound from the Streambar switches to another input the Streambar reverts back to it's homescreen. It doesn't make a difference which app I'm viewing. I will probably go back to my older Roku Premiere and just buy a much better soundbar.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If you go that way, Roku remotes only control tv's volume, and then its upto the tv to control the audio devices volume by hdmi-cec. If you get a soundbar that only connects via optical, you're going to need an aftermarket universal remote that controls tv's, Streamer's that accept IR commands meaning no Roku Sticks, and Soundbar's. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
seesofar
Channel Surfer

I rarely use the roku remote. I have learned all the roku remote functions to my Dishnetwork remote. I also have DirectTV Stream through my roku which is why I'm often switching between inputs. It worked great with my roku premiere. Guess i'll go back to it and I can get a better sounding soundbar for the money and alleviate my problem.

0 Kudos