cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brodybar
Reel Rookie

Streambar does NOT support bluetooth headphones

Jump to solution

I received a ROKU Streambar as a present and liked it for most part.  But I need to have a direct bluetooth headphone connection to the remote or soundbar.  I know the work-around with the mobile app, but that is a so so solution.  They advertise Bluetooth with the Soundbar, but it is not totally functional.  I need to connect directly so I do not disturb other in our home.  If you can't do this, change your advertising, and put a audio jack back on the remote.  I have three ROKU streaming devices and three TV's, but this solution is needed for our large Samsung in the family room.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar does NOT support bluetooth headphones

Jump to solution

@brodybar

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Bluetooth functionality with the Roku Soundbar is to connect and exchange data from an external device (tablet, phone, etc).

For more information about how to use Bluetooth with a Roku Soundbar, visit our Support page here: How do I connect a Bluetooth® device to my Roku® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@brodybar

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Bluetooth functionality with the Roku Soundbar is to connect and exchange data from an external device (tablet, phone, etc).

For more information about how to use Bluetooth with a Roku Soundbar, visit our Support page here: How do I connect a Bluetooth® device to my Roku® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brodybar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I have learned that.  I am not happy as this is a big short coming for many who want to listen in private and want to connect directly to headphones.  Can another ROKU remote with a jack be used for the streambar?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@brodybar

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that you can download the Roku mobile app on a mobile device and then use the Private Listening feature through there to use your headphones directly.

For more information about the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brodybar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have now come full circle to the very poor solution/work around offered.  I asked if I can use another ROKU remote with the Streambar that has a headphone jack.  Question not answered.

rb95219

Jump to solution

Can I use an optical transmitter to bluetooth to connect to my headset?

0 Kudos
chansenola
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you ever come across a solution to this. I bought the MIL an Avantree low latency bluetooth transmitter/headphone kit, works great on samsung tv with a roku, worked on LG tv with LG apps. Once I hooked up a Roku Streambar, it wont transmit any more. *All I get from people is "roku bluetooth is NOT for headphones..." I have it hooked up to both the TV and Roku optical out going into the transmitter and no joy. I am assuming if Iam using the HDMI connector the Optical wont work or such,.?

0 Kudos
drich1

Jump to solution

Same problem… Samsung tv, roku sound bar and Avantree wireless headsets…. Help!!  Anyone ever figure out a way to make this work?  😢😢

0 Kudos
PBuch

Jump to solution

I'm going to sell this Roku tv and buy an Android TV...this Roku app never works when a lot of people are visiting our condo and I can't listen privately which I need if people are staying right next door... I'm so irritated with Roku

0 Kudos
chansenola
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just ended up plugging a roku ultra to the tv that needed the bluetooth transmitter. It works, but now I am back to a tv that does NOT have a sound bar. 

0 Kudos