Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
W0LF

Streambar connects to Wi-Fi (signal strength excellent) but will not stream

I've owned my Roku Streambar since December 2020, in that time it's been great - up until now...
A week ago I went to stream something on it and it was unresponsive.
I checked the network connection and it was excellent (as it has been throughout my protracted efforts).
I have reset the Streambar back to box-new settings to no avail; I've done the same with my router (Huawei B535 232) - still no joy.
I understand that the Streambar is dual-band, even so I've tried it at 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz or both. I've tried changing the Wi-Fi channels but still nothing... and the connection remains excellent. 
My two other devices, a recent iPhone and an ancient Samsung laptop have no such issues with the Wi-Fi, regardless of GHz or channel. 
I did succeed in connecting my iPhone's hotspot to the Streambar and it streamed as it should, though with a 4GB monthly allowance that's not practical!
I should be writing my degree modules and have already spent at least six hours trying to fix this (Roku support didn't help). I just want to enjoy a glass of wine and an hour's viewing at the end of the day.

If it helps, I'm in the UK.  

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar connects to Wi-Fi (signal strength excellent) but will not stream

@W0LF

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to connect to your mobile hotspot, the issue is likely not the Roku device, but rather your wireless network. What brand and model is your router? Have you tried changing your router settings for 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos