Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cigarbeard
Channel Surfer

Streambar audio is failing after a few months

So to begin i was in love with this product . it turned a projector into an in home movie theater .

that being said , the bass started sounding like i had a blown speaker , now the main audio is muffling for a few minutes then back to normal , and then muffling a bit longer each time making it unusable . 

And i have tried everything short of taking it apart . im disabled and do not relish the idea of opening such an expensive piece of equipment . i started telling people how great it is but it is now just a lump of plastic .

it has been cared for gently and has had no accidents , its even run through a hdmi and standard surge protector . i have tried it on other tvs but it won't let me select the tvs audio. 

im very unhappy with this and since it occurred very suddenly after what i am sure was the sub woofer being blown out , i cant help but wonder if i got a bad unit .

anyway is anyone having this issue and is there a way to flag customer service to get help or even a replacement , or am i stuck with a buyer beware piece of plastic im going to have to manually repair on my own.

ty in advance 

CB

0 Kudos
60 REPLIES 60
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar audio is failing after a few months

Did you look into a warranty return?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cigarbeard
Channel Surfer

I have had it since may, sadly and ironically it began after i was outside the warranty window

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cigarbeard

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cigarbeard
Channel Surfer

Certainly I'll have to wait until my wife is available as its out of my reach

0 Kudos
cigarbeard
Channel Surfer

YLoo1y899878

I believe that's it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cigarbeard

Thanks for providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cigarbeard
Channel Surfer

my wife likes to say if your gong to be willing to complain you have to be as willing to give praise . as previously posted @RokuDanny-R  did forward my problem to support .

And at first the email was muffled sound here are some solutions . well this wasn't the whole problem . and it wasn't nearly descriptive enough , i was worried . but after a few emails back and forth , i was told they are sending me a replacement . and have asked i return the malfunctioning unit .

that was it it was that simple . this product was out of warranty and i truly ,TRULY loved it . and when it began failing it really did break my heart . 

Roku you have just gotten a customer for life . this really uplifted my belief in companies taking an interest in customer service . 

thank you @RokuDanny-R and the roku team , this really lifted my spirits in a not great time for us all

CB

Smoothieoh1
Reel Rookie

I had the same exact problem with my Roku, it was working awesome for a few months after purchase and then the bass blew out on it and it sounds awful, all muffled and static like a blown subwoofer.  I haven't had it that long.  I purchased the Roku on June 22, 2021.    Roku Streambar 4K/HD/HDR Streaming Media Player & Premium Audio, All In One, Includes Roku Voice Rem...

0 Kudos
TomDetroit
Reel Rookie

I have this exact problem. I also LOVED this product... & then this buzz began happening in the bass register. I''m sure I never turned it up loud enough to blow a speaker... I'm an old guy. What can I do?

0 Kudos