Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaM5

Streambar Won’t Turn On and/or No Output

My brand new Streambar either won’t power on or won’t send an output to the TV (can’t tell which one because there’s no power or indicator light to say whether it’s on or not).

I tried to setup on multiple TVs, multiple power outlets, and multiple HDMI cables with no difference in outcome (TV says no input detected). Both TVs were Sony and have HDMI-ARC inputs. 

Did I buy a lemon?

Roku Streambar 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar Won’t Turn On and/or No Output

Sounds like you proved its a problem with the streambar by it failing on multiple tv's and with different hdmi cables. I'd return for exchange. Don't give up on the model. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
l8
Reel Rookie

I'm having basically the same issue-- brand new Roku Streambar, just received it on 08/10. I plugged it in to an outlet, and an orange light came on and blinked (which I see just means no internet connection), and then didn't have a chance to finish connecting it until the following day. 

Now no lights come on, nothing shows up on the tv, and the device doesn't appear to power on.

I tried:

• Connecting to the TV with the included power and HDMI cables (made sure CEC was enabled on the TV)
  •  Connecting to the TV with the included power and HDMI cables AND the optical audio cable just in case that was an issue?
  • Connecting to the TV with the included power and a different HDMI cable that I know works
  • Connect with the included power and HDMI cables to a computer monitor, just to see if that changed anything

Do we think I just got a defective unit? Thanks in advance.

(ugh sorry for the tag typo, don't know how to remove it now)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @LisaM5

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

This definitely not the way we intended our Roku Streambar to work. Can you please provide the serial number or device ID of your Roku Streambar? You can find the serial number or device ID on the physical device itself or on the original packaging. Once I have the information I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
l8
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuNimfa-C--

I'm having what seems like the same issue @LisaM5 is having. Just wanted to reply here because I had tried to do agent support through the Roku website, but I get the "Oops, we don’t recognize that device" message when I put in the serial number. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but either way on the box the serial number is listed as 2A1183728404.

0 Kudos
l8
Reel Rookie

[edit bc my previous comment was restored, sorry about that!]

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the reply, @l8

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

Howski73
Reel Rookie

I had the blinking light issue last night. Tried everything, googled every solution. No dice. So I bought a new one. Same issues. My TV doesn't work at all either. Maybe it's a bad HDMI or my 9 year old TV died on me suddenly. Hard to believe a brand new Streambar wouldn't work, but this is my third purchase in 18 months. Good product, just not such a reliable product.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Howski73

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos