alcovert

Streambar Sound fluctuation problems

I have a Streambar 4k/HD/HDR connected to a Samsung TV.  I have had it for 4 months.  In the past month or so I have several sound issues.  The first problem was when watching shows with music (mostly on NBC) it seemed to have the volume much lower during the show.  When I turned up so I could hear it the sound would blast on commercials.  At one time the sound blast real high and then distort.  I found online where I should do an update to my Roku.  I did that and the distortion stopped however I still have the volume issue.

The last few weeks I have had another issue where the sound is fine and then it gets real loud.  This is mostly during a show with music.  During the CMA awards I had the sound set and when the first song started the volume started going up and down.  I check to see if I needed an update, but it was up to date.  I have two other TVs in the house using other types of Rokus, so I checked the recording on them and none had any issue.  The recording on the Streambar was the same as I encountered watching live.  This same issue happened off and on during the show.

There are other issues that may or may not have anything to do with any of this.  I have set the sound to help understand people talking.  That seems to work on a lot of shows but not all. and my remote often will not turn off or turn on the TV and Roku.

I am about to give up on the Streambar so any help would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
alb81044
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound fluctuation problems

Have had the same issue with various Roku devices.  Temporary solution is to go back to the Home menu, then return to where you were and the problem is gone.  Do not know what else to do at this time.

0 Kudos