Earnie
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro with Audio Receiver

How do you get Streambar Pro audio to a receiver? 

Would like to hear streaming music through my outdoor patio speakers.  Apparently the Streambar Pro  optical port is input only.  I purchased a J-Tech Digital JTD-322V2 Audio Extractor.  Can't get it to work either.

The Audio Extractor will output optical audio which can be used with a receiver's audio input.  Problem is the Extractor needs audio format other than Dolby Digital +.  I can't find a menu on the Streambar Pro which allows selecting the audio format.  Is there a menu for selecting audio format?

HDMI 4k video and audio works perfectly going from the Streambar Pro to my Sony 4k tv.  Just can't seem to find out why I can't get audio to the receiver.   

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AugieM
Binge Watcher

Re: Streambar Pro with Audio Receiver

Was there ever an answer?

Facing basically the same issue.

0 Kudos
Earnie
Reel Rookie

Will have to try again.  Have not used the outdoor speakers recently.

I will say that I can listen to streaming audio witht the Sony 4k tv Off.  That did not work before.  As soon as I turned Off the tv, the streaming audio would stop.  Not sure if Roku fixed that problem since there were a lot of complaints about it.

Will try to remember to post here next time I try the outdoor speakers.

I will mention that it is frustrating listening to streaming music via Roku and have Youtube interrupt the music with constant ads.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Earnie @AugieM

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that if you are using a Roku Streambar to stream and listen to audio from, you will be unable to connect to external audio devices aside from Roku Wireless Speakers.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos