Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnarin
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro speaker not connecting to other devices

I connected my Streambar Pro to my television using the HDMI and Opt Audio cable.  When watching programs on Roku, the speakers work but when I change to watch something connected to a different HDMI port (cable, blu-ray player), the speaker does not work and it overrides my tv audio so there is no sound.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar Pro speaker not connecting to other devices

Bad optical cable? Or not seated right? Getting audio from the streambar to the tv doesn't prove the optical cable works since that audio is travelling over the hdmi cable. Optical cables are made of glass, it can be cracked if bent. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jnarin
Reel Rookie

I tried with a different Opt cable that does work (i tested on another device before and after trying on Roku) and it still didn't work.  Should it work immediately or do I need to do some sort of reset?

0 Kudos
pixelrebel

This does not work for me either.  Audio digital out is working from the TV, but I'm not hearing anything on the streambar pro.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pixelrebel,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We would recommend taking a look a the information provided by our Support page here: 

If you have a non-Roku TV: How to set up your Roku® Streambar® Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a non-Roku TV | Official Roku Su...

For Roku TV: How to set up your Roku® Streambar® Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a Roku TV™ | Official Roku Suppo... 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have which includes the serial number/Device ID of your Roku Streambar Pro that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rey2

I am having the same issue.  The optical cable for other devices on a different HDMI worked for a week.  Now I cannot get anything other than the HDMI connected to the streambar to give audio.  I can see light at the end of the cable before plugging it I to the streambar.  Seems like a defect.  

0 Kudos