Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dbo
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro disconnects from internet and requires reset

My new Streambar pro will be working just fine and then I'll turn it off and leave the room for a while.  The next time I turn it on, there is no internet connection, even though I can see the correct Wi-fi network and the wi-fi works on every other device in the house.  After attempting to connect again, won't connect and the system suggests resetting the entire device, which immediately fixes the problem.  But I'm having to do this almost every day or every other day.  I don't want to continue resetting the device.  What should I do?  I never had this problem with my Roku streaming stick when it was being used on this exact same TV, but now I have the Streambar pro and don't need the stick anymore.  Please help!

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro disconnects from internet and requires reset

@Dbo

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried restarting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar issue where I can browse app, and select titles, then it slows down, pauses, buffers and stops. When I restart the device it works fine afterwards. Any idea what's causing it?

It almost makes me wish I'd kept my Roku Ultra and just got a different sound bar, but I figured consolidating to one device would be more streamlined.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ronnierukus

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that buffering related issues have to deal with internet connectivity. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dbo
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

I did recently re-start my entire wireless network and the issue still occurs.  Sometimes multiple times per day.  It always gets working after I re-start the actual Roku Streambar, but that's just annoying and defeats the purpose.  Is there anything else I can try?  Do I have a defective streambar?

Thanks,
DBo

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Dbo

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GJD
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Is there a software update that could fix this or should I just return my streambar? Thank you Graham. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GJD

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GJD
Reel Rookie

Thank you

YL004C468747

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GJD

Thanks for the information.

I have passed it along to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos