Streambar Pro Connect to Receiver?

Is it possible to connect the Streambar Pro to an audio receiver? I have an expensive surround sound system with speakers in the ceiling and walls, and I'd like to be able to continue using them with the Streambar.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro Connect to Receiver?

@TopherMerenda

Thanks for the post.

The Roku Streambar will not be able to connect to an AVR. The device will connect directly to your TV.

For more information about the Roku Streambar, visit our Support page here: Learn about Streambar

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
flipper100

Hi

I was quite shocked to find out after searching this forum and reading your response that the Streambars cannot be connected to an AV Receiver.  How could that be missed from Roku?  MANY of us sometimes use our AV Receivers for surround sound vs. the Steambar.  It's nice to be able to use either.  Why is there no digital optical output on the Streambar??  So my AV Receiver cannot be used with the Streambar?   Is there any Roku solution that allows connection to an AVR?  This is a big issue and I suppose I will have to look for another solution vs. Roku.  I would like to use the Roku if possible.  Please let me know if there is a solution.  Thank you!

Brian

AugieM
Binge Watcher

I took am amazed that this is not possible.

Though my situation is a little different, I have a whole house, multiple input receiver.

I would like to play music videos on the television while being able to hear it around the house and outside.

Tony-Mango

Hi,

I wanted to re-open this query. Basically, I purchased a Roku streambar recently and wanted to connect it to my AVR surround system. In the past it was as simple as connecting a device box (SKY box for example) via an HDMI cable to my AVR. The AVR then had another HDMI cable sent to the TV and 'hey presto', sound is played through my AVR system. 

I have tried this with my Roku soundbar but there is no sound coming from my AVR system. There must surely be a way to make this work? If anybody has a solution I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Chegringo

The only way to do this is to buy a Bluetooth receiver,  like this one:

[Upgraded] 1Mii B06 Plus Bluetooth Receiver, HiFi Wireless Audio Adapter, Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver with 3D Surround aptX HD aptX Low Latency for Home Music Streaming Stereo System https://a.co/d/8HEuHcP

Then connect your Roku to it as if it were headphones, then play through it.  You lose "surround", but it works well.  Sounds great with the right receiver.