cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carmen1
Level 7

Streambar Hookup Issues

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up my new Streambar and I've hit a dead end. I have an HDMI port that says ARC, so I plugged the cable in there and set my TV to that output. However, when asked to select the display type in the setup, it says "It seems like something went wrong." It's telling me  to check that the CEC and ARC settings are enabled, but I see no such options in my TV menus. My TV is at least 5 years old, so that might be the problem, but I would think that if I have an ARC port, that would be enough. 

Also, I tried the optical cable, but there is nowhere to plug it into my TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar Hookup Issues

Jump to solution

@Carmen1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™?
How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™ with my non-Roku TV?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar Hookup Issues

Jump to solution

@Carmen1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™?
How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™ with my non-Roku TV?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos