Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Streambar Compatibility with Speakers and Subwoofer?

Hello All, 

I hope your week has started off well?  My question has to do with thee "New" Streambar and what it's compatible with?  

Specifically is it compatible with the wireless speakers and subwoofer?  I currently also have the soundbar with my system and got it because it IS compatible with BOTH the speakers AND soundbar.  Why would I get the Streambar when I already have the soundbar?  Well, it's just my crazy ROKU obsession rearing it's ugly head with all new things ROKU!!

Well if anyone can help me out it'd be much appreciated.  Thank you for your time and have a great rest of the night and an even better week!!

"Keep em phree"
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 7

Roku Subwoofer Compatibility w/Roku Streambar?

Does the Roku subwoofer work with the Roku Streambar? (Note: NOT asking about Roku Soundbar, but Roku STREAMBAR.)

0 Kudos
Level 7

Streambar and wireless subwoofer

I have purchased a roku wireless subwoofer and can’t seem to connect this to the roku streambar are these items not compatible with each other?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar and wireless subwoofer

@JOYCIFER 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku streambar and the subwoofer are compatible with each other.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues pairing my Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi Danny I have looked at this and no solution when I go to settings and add device all I get is the option to add a remote when the sub is flashing and ready to setup?

Any ideas as now have a sub which is a paperweight ad can’t use this?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku Subwoofer Compatibility w/Roku Streambar?

I have been told it does by roku but when trying this is a different story I can’t get the streambar to pair with the subwoofer no matter what I try with no solution from roku 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JOYCIFER1979 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial numbers/device IDs of the Roku devices along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Level 7

devices : Roku Streambar
Serial number:  YL009R272541

wireless subwoofer 
Roku 9201R 
serial R539AU680925

i do not see the option of audio and subwoofer when I go to the pair devices menu in the settings area
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JOYCIFER1979 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Subwoofer Compatibility w/Roku Streambar?

Yes it certainly does... i have both, as well as the speakers.  They were all easy to pair and work well.   Are tou having trouble with using the vudu app with the streambar? Mine keeps blacking out titles and then the whole screen blacks out.  I dont have this problem with any of my other roku devices.

0 Kudos