CBennett
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Audio Distortion

Jump to solution

I purchased a Streambar Nov, 2021 and have been very happy with the Streambar until a few days ago when the sound became very distorted to the point I cannot bear listening to it. I've tried switching cables, power down/up, etc., and nothing has changed. 

Device is:

Roku Streambar
Family room
Serial number:  YL000W265844
Linked:  12/2/2021

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
vds4
Reel Rookie

Re: Stream bar speaker blown on right side our sound bar

Jump to solution

I have this exact problem too.  Same scenario - bought for holidays during Black Friday promotion, right side speaker blew in less than a month of use.  Serial number is: SA117E735083

It looks like you clearly have a defecitve lot.   That's not fair to consumers and I hope that Roku values its relationship with its consumers.   It was a lot for me to shell out as a single parent, even with the sale price because after 10 yrs, I have alway trusted Roku as a reliable streaming platform.   

Please stand behind your products now and do the right thing and fix or replace this defective lot.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@vds4

Thanks for the post.

The number that you provided doesn't seem to be valid. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRobinson
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

serial number: YL001E653898

0 Kudos
CBennett
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I purchased a Streambar Nov, 2021 during Black Friday promotion and have been very happy with the Streambar until recently when the sound became very distorted - a lot of static in bass and sounds like speaker is blown.

Device is:

Roku Streambar
Serial number:  YL000W265844
Linked:  12/2/2021
0 Kudos
vds4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue and it looks like they have a defective lot.   Everyone who bought these streambars on the Black Friday sale are having the right side speaker blow in an uncanny one month time period.   I hope Roku stands behind their product and doesn't force a class action l(they won't allow a post with the word that rhymes with blye suit so I had to remove it.......doesn't say anything good about how they will stand behind their products)   because its very clear they have a defective lot.    So far it looks like they are just asking for your serial number and then nothing further.   I won't drop it and I suggest everyone who got defective product tell Roku.

Lets hope they make this right.

Kind regards,

Valerie (another victim of the defective Black Friday Streambars)

0 Kudos
vds4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dany:  

Did you get my reply with the Serial Number?   I do not see a reply.  

Someone else accidentally posted where your reply should be.  They have the same defective Black Friday product.  What is Roku going to do about this?   You pushed those StreamBars hard and now they don't even last a month.  The least that can be done is a straight return and replacement.

PLS POST YOUR RESOLUTION HERE BC A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS DEFECTIVE LOT AND NEED HELP - don't pass the buck and read the script that someone will be in touch.  That is NOT good enough - what is Roku going to do about this?   You have been made aware you have sold defective products.  What is the company going to do about it?

MY information is:

Serial Number:  YL00EJ735083

Device ID:  2A117E735083

Model: 9102R

Kind regards,

Valerie

Kind regards,

Valerie 

0 Kudos
bkirkland1

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem with my Streambar.  The right speaker is blown and the sound is terrible with any base sounds.

serial number:  YL006F088574

model number:  9102R

device ID:  2A10C6088574

0 Kudos
DJDevil13
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

I to seem to be having some issues.  First off when I first installed the streambar the audio was pristine.  Watched an episode and the volume was set to 18 and it was quite loud.  Now I watched the same program on the same platform (so nothing has changed) but now I have to have it on 30 to get the same effect.  Also every now and again the audio goes quite and muffled, then it goes brittle and sharp like when you turn up the treble to high.  Don’t know what’s going on.

0 Kudos
Beeater
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R - I've been having the same issues as everyone else- crackling- sound distortion-  My model number is 9102X  ser 5959A R1035

0 Kudos