R9O7K4U2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Audio Distortion

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding but I'm confused. This was my first post and I haven't received any notifications responding to this one until today. I'm sending you a direct message with my email and chat transcripts, showing where I've supplied all the requested info and have been told a replacement would be sent within 3 to 5 business days.

0 Kudos
jlshown

Re: Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have seen this problem here before, however, I am actually experiencing sound distortion on my roku streambar that I purchased less than a year ago.

It's like I either have a bad speaker or the system just doesn't handle bass anymore.

I have tried different sound environment settings, doesn't work either.  Here is my Roku's serial number: YL003K496912

I love Roku, help please!

Thank you.

jlshown

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jlshown,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBwatcher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good morning.

I also have had audio issues with my Roku Streambar that is less than a year old.  Earlier this week, I was getting 'echo' sound where the audio was coming from both the TV and my Roku Streambar.  If I turned off everything and turned back on it went away.  Yesterday, I had no sound at all and it appeared the light on the streambar was pulsing and almost blue?  Again, turned everything off, checked connections (all were tight) turned back on and all was good.

Today - same issue but could not get the audio on my soundbar to work.  Unplugged the power to the soundbar so I could hear using the TV speakers.  I even did a software check and update hoping that would help.  No go.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JBwatcher,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku Streambar by going to Settings > System > About so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBwatcher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial Number YL003U574741

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JBwatche,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Longlegslenore2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuMary-F 

We are having the same issues with our Roku streambar, who should we reach out to? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Longlegslenore2,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Longlegslenore2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F 

S/n: YL007N070409

The issue is that the stream bar sounds like a speaker has blown and needs to be restarted/reset to 'fix' the issue. The sound when the issue happens sounds muted, has an echo as well as a reverb/vibration distortion that is only fixed by rebooting the device multiple times. This happens daily, and sometimes multiple times a day, even in the middle of media play. This happens when using apps on the device, and also when using the streambar as just as an audio system. The device is attached to a new Sony Bravia TV, with new HDMI 2.1 cables, and a new Optical Audio cable.

0 Kudos