cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davindean
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Audio Distortion

Jump to solution

I am having issues with my Roku Streambar as well. (YL0023317654)

This is my second Streambar. The first one developed a buzz/blown speaker after 84 days of use (<3 months, Walmart told me when I returned for replacement). I was watching Godzilla - I never turned it up past 50 as my normal viewing distance is 3 to 5 feet due to space limitations.

I took more care with this current (2nd) device, hardly ever turned it up past 35, never past 50; left the sound on either "reduce bass" or "normal". Again, 3 months later - this time just over Walmart's 90 return policy - the device developed an annoying buzz and rattle like a blown speaker. I followed the advice from the boards to reset the sound, change the sound settings, etc. Honestly, it's basically become unusable.

I connected it as a soundbar for my computer where I can control the levels better, but this is not a solution as it is still "blown" with distortion across the bass and mid-range.

Love the Roku service, having a single device is very convenient. Please help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stream bar speaker blown on right side our sound bar

Jump to solution

Hi @CBennett @vds4 @bkirkland1,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRobinson
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you all speakers are blown and provided all information

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JRobinson

Saw your post!

Just to verify, I can see that our support team reached out to you via email regarding your audio issue with Roku Streambar. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRobinson
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have nothing has worked. I followed the steps they gave me. At the time one speaker was blown and then a couple weeks later all speakers on the stream bar went out 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JRobinson,

Thanks for the note.

We'll have a member of our Support team follow up on this case. Please keep an eye on your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

Hi @DJDevil13,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beeater
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much @ RokuMary-F  

My  serial number is  YLOOHA565997   and I am having problems with buzzing in my streambar- Almost sounds like the speaker is blown -
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Beeater,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jumbay02

Jump to solution

About two months after buying my stream bar I had the same right speaker issue. I was minutes away from grabbing my sawzall and cutting that thing in half so I could at least hear one speaker until I ran across this thread.  The muffled sound is so bad and loud I can’t even use it really. Please help me out as well.

[personal information removed]

Serial number - YL009094875

Device ID - 2A1099947875

0 Kudos