Rubinpdf

Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

I purchased a Streambar late last year and have been very happy with sound. But for the last week or so, I’ve started noticing a occasional distortion in the sound coming from it. I’ve tried resetting the audio options to the default settings and have restarted it several times, but now it seems to have become even more noticeable.

After listening at a close distance to the “Roku Cinematic Sound” app, it appears to be coming from the right speaker/channel. Is it possible that the right speaker is defective?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

@Rubinpdf

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

122 REPLIES 122
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rubinpdf

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
shaydan23

Jump to solution

Could use some help audio when bad appears sound crackled

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@shaydan23

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dusty1990
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R I’m also having this issue where we have extremely distorted audio from my Streambar. It’s seems mostly coming from any bass. It has made our Roku basically unusable. Can you help me fix this?. I’m new to this forum and I don’t know how to send a DM. Can I do that from a mobile device? 

bkubany
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R ! I’ve been having the same issue for several weeks with my newly purchased Streambar, where the audio sounds fine for awhile on certain streams, but sounds badly distorted on others. I’ve confirmed that it’s not the cable or audio settings because if I just play a test video through my tv speakers it sounds fine but as soon as I plug the Streambar in it sounds distorted. I’m testing using the CityScape video on the Roku Dolby channel. Please let me know if it would help to DM with serial number etc. Thanks so much for your help!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bkubany

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
bfin74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems others have the same audio problems...the solution I've seen the most to make it tolerable is basically turn off all the added features of the streambar.  My problems seem to have started after the last software update.  Any idea when a software update/rollback is coming to repair the problem?

bkubany
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@bfin74 OMG! Roku sent me a new Streambar and that fixed it! Sound sounds so good now. Contact them to have them send a new one. 🥳

bfin74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in the process of trying to get the product returned and replaced....hopefully it will be completed shortly.  Thanks for the advice.