Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoopDog

Stream TV Antenna over WiFi to other TVs

I own an Insignia 5302X and was recently looking into buying another TV to be able to watch my antenna TV from other rooms in my home with another TV. Is there any way to do this with 1 antenna?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stream TV Antenna over WiFi to other TVs

Not with just Roku devices.  You could get a network tuner like the ones from SiliconDust.  They have a Roku channel/app that will allow you to watch antenna TV on any TV with a Roku.  You need a multituner unit if you want to be able to watch multiple OTA channels at the same time.

I'm sure there are other options for network tuners, but they're the one I have some experience with, although I don't use their Roku channel.

There's also Locast if it's available in your area, but I have no experience with them.

And, there's always the option of using a splitter to connect the one antenna to multiple TVs.  Requires being able to get the cable to the TVs and an amplifier is recommended.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stream TV Antenna over WiFi to other TVs

@BoopDog 

I'll add to what @renojim said with two other options: Tablo and Air TV. I've used both, and they work well. I prefer Tablo, but that's a personal preference.

You connect the TV antenna to the device, and connect the device to your network. Preferred way to connect via Tablo or Air TV is Ethernet cable, but they do support wireless. I connect via Ethernet cable. I then load the app (Tablo app, or Sling TV app for Air TV) and the app finds the device. They also have DVR capability, if you want that.

Tablo charges $5/month for 2-week guide. Air TV includes 2-week guide.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos