Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TarheelWes
Level 9

Re: Strange Issue with Dolby/Dolby Plus on TCL 6 series

My 6 series is not showing the update yet. Still on the 9.4 or whatever. 

0 Kudos
ahryn
Level 7

I just got the update today on my TCL 635 (finally!) and the issue is fixed. SW Version 10.0.0 b4197-88. The audio returns to the format it should be after skipping back and forth on the video. Tested with DD+ on Hulu and Atmos on Disney+. Thanks to everyone who pestered Roku support to get this in

0 Kudos
Wiregrassguy
Level 8

I have a TCL 65R635 and I cannot get Dolby Atmos passthrough to my Sony STR-DN1080. I have firmware 10.0.2 installed on the TCL and current firmware on the receiver. When I connect a Dolby ATmos stream through the YouTube app, my receiver sees it as Linear PCM with the TCL set to Auto or Passthrough. Same with the Dolby app. I have a calibrated 5.1.2 setup with a brand new UHD HDMI (eARC) cable on the eARC connectors on the TV and receiver.

0 Kudos
Wiregrassguy
Level 8

Never mind. I figured it out.

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

what was it?

0 Kudos
Wiregrassguy
Level 8

Well, to be honest, I don't really know.  I was so frustrated after a week of trying this and trying that. So, I went into my shed and pulled out a stick of some 1960's Indian incense. I made a little shrine on the floor in front of my home theatre equipment, lit the incense and called upon Ray Dolby for help. After a few minutes of contemplation, it came to me..."do a system restart." So, I did. From Home-Settings-Power-System Restart. Then, I power cycled the TCL. Upon reboot, I launched the Dolby app and things seemed a lot better...more ambience. Still not perfect but I suspect I need to calibrate my AVR again. YMMV! 😉

gstalker
Level 7

I'm still having issues with my 65r613. When set to auto, DD+ streams from all sources whether 2 channel or not. If I set to passthrough its 2.0 channels from everything. If I use custom and force DD, all DD sources work fine and 2 channel sources work fine.

Why can't auto actually auto detect and send 2 channel as 2 channel instead of DD+? You'd think passthrough would be the solution but that is garbage too. 

TV is already on Roku 10.0

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

gstalker:

Did you ever get this figured out?

I still haven’t checked mine to see if my original problem #2 was also corrected by the update....that being the reviver showing DD+ no matter what the source of its on pass through instead of auto detect. 

0 Kudos
hsdas333
Level 7

I even have two Roku tvs, one I JUST sold final week, and BOTH are showing NO DATA. I did all types of troubleshooting - not anything works. This is the only cause I offered the thing - for the channel guide!

0 Kudos