Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klambert
Level 9

Re: Strange Issue with Dolby/Dolby Plus on TCL 6 series

*FAINTS* I got a DM reply from @rokusupport on twitter. So go create a twitter account and Spam Spam Spam!

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

I literally just did too!

they asked for me to explain the problem.

I said to read this thread. 

0 Kudos
KingWookie
Level 7

I'm having the exact same issue as you. Sometimes when RW/FF the audio goes completely garbled. Spotify also does not work correctly on "auto-detect". I get crackling music. Seems like a software issue to me but I'm glad others are seeing the same issues as myself at least. I'm very disappointed because I just spent $2,000 on a 75 in TCL 8 Series only to discover this issue. Might return the product if we don't get this resolved soon.

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

Here’s their suggestion on Twitter.

Sent to me a little while ago. 

Geez, why didn’t any of us think of this?

D2DE4837-1135-4AD0-A8BE-FEC20E5B9FBA.png

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

And we have it confirmed with Series 5, 6, and 8 over at least the 19 and 20 model years plus at the least receivers from Denon and Onkyo. Come on folks. It's not a reboot issue here.

0 Kudos
KingWookie
Level 7

Happening with my Pioneer Elite receiver. Forgot to mention that in my post. We need to see a better response from Roko Support than to reboot. Imo it seems to be a software bug related to ff/rw. That function is causing the loss of surround sound for some reason.

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

And for what it's worth, we've been binging Derry Girls on Netflix and while our command of different accents is pretty good, at least for USians, between the thick Derry accent and the fact that we're laughing too hard to hear things, not being able to rewind has been a major pain in the posterior.

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

(Posted this reply in the other thread I have going on this in the discussion forum)

Was playing with the system a little this morning. The thought had occurred to me that maybe the software bug just makes the codec on the receiver disappear but that the sound mixing isn't bothered. 

So, I put on season 1, episode 1 of Jack Ryan on Amazon prime. The opening bombing scene has nice surround sound. When I rewound, as expected, the receiver dropped the codec. 

I DID still have sound from my surround speakers, but, without question it was different. When I exited the app, and restarted the scene, WITH the codec, it was night and day difference. 

So, no luck on it simply being the missing codec. The sound is unquestionably affected. 

Wonder if we could get some attention from like a 3rd party reviewer like CNET or Tom's Guide? 

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

Be Still, My heart:

Wow, TCL maybe is more responsive. Let's hope this is true. 

IMG_5910.PNG

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

IMG_5912.PNG