Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klambert
Level 9

Re: Strange Issue with Dolby/Dolby Plus on TCL 6 series

I've been going back and forth with TCL support. It's very frustrating because they come up with genius ideas like "how about if you just use 2.0?" I keep pointing them and Roku at this thread, but nothing seems to come of it.

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

Neither TCL nor Roku seems interested in acknowledging this issue. 

"I"m not out of touch, it's the children who are wrong..."

0 Kudos
Arvedui
Level 7

Wanted to add my voice to this - I'm having the same problem with my TCL 65R635 and my Denon S650H receiver. I have a 3.1 system and have the sound mode on the Denon set to Auto. If I start a movie in an app, it'll show DD or DD+ based on the source, but switches back to stereo whenever I rewind/forward. I have to restart the app to go back to Dolby. Incredibly annoying that there's no word on a fix.

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

How do we get someone "official" to see this thread and at least start some kind of process to get a fix going. I'm not sure anyone at Roku or TCL even know this is really a thing. 

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

I tweeted a link to it to @rokusupport That's about the only thing you can do is keep hammering. 

Having dealt with both Roku and AppleTV, I get the idea that the streaming box companies figure that nobody really understands or cares about this stuff. Dolby Digital, Atmos, and HDR is just something to stick on the box. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

You can contact Roku directly:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/roku tv/need more help?)

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

I've been through the wringer with their support and TCL's. Nothing. They suggested I just stop using 5.1 and switch to 2.0. Utterly useless.

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

Well, maybe a software update will fix it....but, doubtful unless they actually bother to look at the bug.

0 Kudos
Arvedui
Level 7

Feels like the only real way to get them to notice is to get any of the large review sites to mention it, otherwise they won't care. But I will probably at least try to talk to TCL support in the hopes that more people calling about it will get it on their radar.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Arvedui wrote:

Feels like the only real way to get them to notice is to get any of the large review sites to mention it, otherwise they won't care. But I will probably at least try to talk to TCL support in the hopes that more people calling about it will get it on their radar.

Your best bet is to cover as much communication ground as possible - contact everyone you can (Roku/TCL/etc), any way you can (some of that commspaghetti may stick to a wall somewhere).

After all, if it works it works.

0 Kudos