Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarie3xoxo
Level 7

Stolen Roku tv

Jump to solution
Any possible way to lock a stolen Roku tv so it can’t be used by whoever has it or locate it at any length?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Stolen Roku tv

Jump to solution

@Gmail 

If you would like to unlink your device from your Roku account, you can go to my.roku.com. Once logged into your account, go to the bottom of the My account page and locate the device under the “My linked devices” section and select Unlink.

For more information about unlinking a device from your Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend that you remove/unlink the RokuTV from your Roku account.

For more information regarding unlink a device from you Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gmail
Level 7

Jump to solution
My TV was stolen and never found
0 Kudos
Gmail
Level 7

Jump to solution
I want it shut down
0 Kudos
Gmail
Level 7

Jump to solution
Please shut it down
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Gmail 

If you would like to unlink your device from your Roku account, you can go to my.roku.com. Once logged into your account, go to the bottom of the My account page and locate the device under the “My linked devices” section and select Unlink.

For more information about unlinking a device from your Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

AngelJ
Level 7

Jump to solution

Does unlinking it shut it down so it can't be used?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AngelJ 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Unlinking a device from your Roku account does not shut the device down, it simply removes the device from your account so that no unwanted charges can be accrued without your permission.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stolentv
Level 7

Ruko tv stolen

Jump to solution
My ruko tv was stolen. Can you help me locate this tv?
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Ruko tv stolen

Jump to solution

@Stolentv 

Thanks for the post.

We will not be able to locate your Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos