Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Still no sound with Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22

It’s been 10 days or more since my TCL updated to Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22 and ever since my Roku wireless speakers have lost connectivity. I posted my complaint elsewhere and Roku eventually messaged me to say they were looking into it, but still nothing. 9.3 was supposed to fix the problem of the TVs not be able to use BOTH the Roku Soundbar AND the Roku wireless speakers together. Since the speakers are forced to connect through the soundbar, I suspect they BROKE their ability to directly connect to the TV for those of us with only the wireless speakers. (At least if you’ve got my TCL model and OS build -22.). So frustrated my $179 wireless speakers are basically big black bricks at this point and I’m relegated to the internal speaker on the TCL...which obviously stinks. I bet it’s a hardware limitation on the TV itself having to do with Bluetooth audio VS WiFi audio. And I bet there is no OS fix they can provide. Either they will have to allow me to install a rollback OS permanently (and I’ll never be able to add a soundbar) OR Roku will have to send me a soundbar gratis for my speakers to ever work again. Considering I pre-ordered my speakers 6 months before they shipped and I have multiple Roku TVs, if they want to keep me happy, I best get a permanent fix ASAP. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Still no sound with Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22

Got a message today from Roku stating they’ve created a fix and it will be rolled out tomorrow, Tuesday May 19, around Noon. I’ll try with fingers crossed and reply again here with the results. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Still no sound with Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-22

Loaded update today. From 9.3.0 build 4143 to build 4150. Roku wireless speakers still not pairing. 

0 Kudos