Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Stations keep changing on their own!!

Jump to solution

All of a sudden, I'm watching a station on live TV, and after about 30-60 seconds it switches to another! Then it will go back, and back and forth endlessly!!  WHAT IS GOING ON????   I'm now just scanning channels, and I can hear the little clunk sound when a station is changed, still going on, even though I'm not playing any stations!!

HOW DO I STOP THIS????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Stations keep changing on their own!!

Jump to solution

Hi, yes, this is a Roku TV (TCL 55), and I watch live TV via antenna. Last night I was mirroring from my iPad to the Roku TV. When I finished, and began watching TV, is when the back & forth channel changing began. It obviously was driving me crazy, as nothing I would do, including restarting, etc, seemed to make a difference. Finally, when I decided to recharge my iPad, and in doing so, closed the cover, I heard another little beep, and that seemed to stop the channel shifting! I can only assume something about the bluetooth connection was messing it up. Maybe when I closed the mirroring app, it either didn't close completely, &/or it was still attempting to connect, thus disconnecting the TV channel.

I've had a similar thing occur with bluetooth ear buds. I'll be using them, then when finished, put them in their charging case, which is supposed to automatically disconnect them. However, sometimes it will keep connecting to my computer, thus turning the sound off! Quite frustrating, as they are obviously not supposed to be still connecting while in the charger.

Is this a common occurence, when disconnecting the mirroring function?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@StevenCee 

Are you using a live streaming service to watch live TV channels? Or are you using an antenna to watch live TV channels?

Is this a Roku TV? Remember, Roku doesn't make TVs, they lease the software to companies that make TVs. Roku does make streaming devices that you attach to TVs, and many watch live TV that way (the live streaming service in my question). So, if you could clarify, we can figure out how best to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi, yes, this is a Roku TV (TCL 55), and I watch live TV via antenna. Last night I was mirroring from my iPad to the Roku TV. When I finished, and began watching TV, is when the back & forth channel changing began. It obviously was driving me crazy, as nothing I would do, including restarting, etc, seemed to make a difference. Finally, when I decided to recharge my iPad, and in doing so, closed the cover, I heard another little beep, and that seemed to stop the channel shifting! I can only assume something about the bluetooth connection was messing it up. Maybe when I closed the mirroring app, it either didn't close completely, &/or it was still attempting to connect, thus disconnecting the TV channel.

I've had a similar thing occur with bluetooth ear buds. I'll be using them, then when finished, put them in their charging case, which is supposed to automatically disconnect them. However, sometimes it will keep connecting to my computer, thus turning the sound off! Quite frustrating, as they are obviously not supposed to be still connecting while in the charger.

Is this a common occurence, when disconnecting the mirroring function?

0 Kudos