Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angeladr7
Reel Rookie

Re: Resolution to Static on Live TV

Indeed,  for me the coaxial cable connection was causing static and the switch to an HDMI cable cleared it up.   So perhaps  giving the converter box a try can resolve your issue as well. Mind you, I’m not sure if using a converter will help with the interference or not since in my situation I connected my HDMI cable directly from my cable box to my Roku tv.  

0 Kudos
CJae1001
Reel Rookie

Here is the catch. If you do NOT have a cables box. It's a roku TV with direct line to cables coaxial you need the HDMI Converter box as my TV needs. But if you have a cable box. Then the HDMI coaxial is the clear solution to the problem 

0 Kudos
Shawnsgirl
Channel Surfer

How do I hook it up? I bought a HDMI Audio Extractor, by the way. 

0 Kudos
Shawnsgirl
Channel Surfer

Here’s what it looks like. Again, I have no cable box just a coaxial line from the wall to the tv.2ADE7398-7F25-4F0D-9E4D-A1CA203345D7.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Shawnsgirl  This thread is about Static on Roku TVs. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Your post is irrelevant to the topic posted 

0 Kudos
Shawnsgirl
Channel Surfer

I started this thread about static on live cable TV during commercials, so, my post is not irrelevant, da. In fact, if you will read everything, you’ll see that others have been able to attempt to help me. What help exactly do you have to offer other than irrelevance?  And by the way, if you’re referring to the post with the picture, I purchased the wrong item and it’s been returned. Any further help you have other than an irrelevant post would be greatly  appreciated! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jjkls

Did anyone ever find a fix for this static issue? I have the same problem. A few cable channels are clear, but others have static, or no signal at all. It's not the coax cable, because antenna channels have no issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jjkls

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you experiencing this issue with channels you are accessing through a cable box? Have you tried replacing the cable to connect the device to the TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue occur.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shawnsgirl
Channel Surfer

Good Evening, Danny! The problem occurs when watching cable tv. I do not have a cable box. The coaxial cable is straight from the wall to the tv. I’ve had two other Roku tvs set up the same way at my previous apt and never had an issue. My previous tv at this apt was also hook up the same way with no issues. 

0 Kudos